Author Topic: Bosco settling in, except...  (Read 2112 times)

Gentian

Bosco settling in, except...
« on: July 01, 2008, 07:29:44 am »
...for a little separation anxiety.  :-\

He's been left alone two or three times, but this last time, I got a call from my parents who live across the street. Apparently, he'd been barking repetitively for about an hour and a half. I rushed home and found him just fine, overjoyed to see me in a knocking-me-over sort of way, and tired.

This is the first time I've left him alone with his Catahoula sister, Junie, in the house, too. I wonder if they've made up some sort of game that involves one having a toy and the other barking non-stop for it? Or...Was he really having some other issues? He's displayed some other minor SA signs, and I think that's totally normal considering he was abandoned. I've worked with him, making short trips, no big greeting or leaving ceremonies, and he seemed okay until the barking thing. I guess I'll crate Junie next time, just in case it is them playing.

But other than that, he's doing wonderfully. No more potty accidents. He loves his new canine siblings, and I think the universe is trying to send me another one. I picked up a stray St Bernard on my way to work yesterday. Inch and a half long nails, dewclaws curling into her legs, matted to the skin, nose scarred up and currently a scabby mess from rubbing on something, maybe a fence or crate, covered in burs and ticks, and visibly nearly-emaciated even through her thick coat. Despite all that, she's an angel. Climbed right in my car and seemed to instantly decide I was hers. Followed me around all day. I love her, but my tiny house can't take another set of big paws right now. I need to make some calls today.

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
Re: Bosco settling in, except...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:15:09 pm »
Poor girl! We want pics of the angel Saint! Where is she going? Rescue? God bless you for helping her!
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)