Author Topic: This makes it all worth it  (Read 3153 times)

Blair

This makes it all worth it
« on: August 20, 2005, 11:11:47 pm »
When you walk in the Livingroom and find this, it makes everything about owning big dogs worth it. I would give up my couch any day for these 2  ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: This makes it all worth it
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 11:15:43 pm »
Awwwe.  Mine aren't allowed on the furniture (I don't have an extra couch to give them), and even if they were, they wouldn't be caught dead sleeping next to each other.

Blair

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 11:20:39 pm »
That is the only couch I have, right now I dont have a place to sit other then my compuuter chair. But seeing them together like that really makes it worth it. its moments like this where you stop and think about how much you really love this big guys  :) here is a picture of them on the couch together when Mr. Grey was a little younger. These 2 have always been close since day one and always cuddling with each other.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 12:09:18 am »
Best Friends.... you are sooo right, it is moments like that, that makes your heart do that choky thing  :D I often hear here how spoiled the dogs are, I must be a total idiot because when one of them is on the floor I feel bad and invite him or her up so they are more comfy  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 06:31:45 am »
Last night when I looked in on Sugar Bear and Dixie before going to bed, Dixie was sleeping with he butt on Sugar Bears head.  They were sleeping so good I did not even wake them up.  We have a sunroom that is now "the babies" room.  It has a table, two chairs and three blanket beds for them in it.  I am thinking of adding a couple of futon that they could also use as beds.  I love the photos of your babies sleeping on their sofa.  Maybe they will let you use it sometimes if you are very good.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 06:42:10 am »
Kiah isn't allowed on the furniture except for when my husband decides to let her sit on his lap. I keep telling him one of these days she'll get on the couch by herself and he can't tell her to get down. I thought I spoiled the dog, but my husband's worse. He's the one that really didn't want a dog. I had to plead and beg. Now he's always giving her people food. Husbands....lo l!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 06:52:25 am »
But just look at that sweet face, how could you not spoil that baby.
Kiah isn't allowed on the furniture except for when my husband decides to let her sit on his lap. I keep telling him one of these days she'll get on the couch by herself and he can't tell her to get down. I thought I spoiled the dog, but my husband's worse. He's the one that really didn't want a dog. I had to plead and beg. Now he's always giving her people food. Husbands....lo l!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline OEMlover

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 06:56:45 am »
Awwwww!! They look so comfy! Who would have the heart to tell them to move ;D. I have that problem w/ Pua.  I sleep on the sofa alot on the weekend instead of going to bed and  just Friday night Miss Pua "kicked" me off. So I grabbed my blanket and pillow and slept with Hank. Bad, bad, bad, I know.......but I can't make her move when she's all comfy either ;)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 10:14:52 am »
LOL!  That is an excellent picture!  Mine are also allowed to snuggle with us in bed and on the couch, they each have their own chair as well.  Attached are a few pic's.  I find snuggling with Beauty ALMOST as good as snuggling with my hun!  LOL!  he used to get a bit bent out of shape because Beauty was in our bed with her head on his pillow.  Now he just tells her to get down and climbs in himself!  She recognizes his "feet" on the stairs so many times she has already placed herself on the floor at the foot of the bed! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson