Author Topic: How to shrink your pic's so they will post  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
How to shrink your pic's so they will post
« on: August 07, 2005, 07:16:41 pm »
My husband is a real computer geek so he helps me out with alot of stuff I don't know. If you have gotten a red "x" where you thought you posted a picture for your avatar or any picture, it's probably because you never shrunk the pic and it's too big.(byte-wise)
Here's a super easy way to shrink them.  After you have downloaded your pics put your pointer over the picture you want and right click on your mouse. A box of choices will open, go down to "send to" and pick "mail recipient" This will automatically bring up a box that asks you if you want to make your picture "smaller", choose yes. Then email it to yourself.  Open the email and right click on the picture in the email and now choose "save as" and send it to your desktop or a folder that you know you can find. (I know you're thinking - she said this is easy? ???) Now when you post and you have the browse box there, browse until you find it and now that it is smaller, it will post quickly and no more red "x's". Now, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, find a 10 year old kid - they know more than any adult I know about computers!!!! ;)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: How to shrink your pic's so they will post
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 10:08:12 pm »
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...You're my hero!!!!...If this works I am leaving EVERYTHING to you in my will!!!...Did I mention I have been having ongoing problems with this?...lol!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 10:18:37 pm »
But, if you if that way, it uses the Gates algorythim to parse the the intersecting vectors, causing the nanodrive function to operate at warp 5, rather than at the accellerated gigabyte function that most Microsoft operating systems are designed for. And EVERYONE know what would happen then!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 10:25:49 pm by wlemons »

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 10:21:45 pm »
But, if you if that way, it uses the Gates algorythim to parse the the intersecting vectors, causing the nanodrive function to operate at warp 5, rather than at the accellerated gigabyte function that most Microsoft operating systems are designed for. Any EVERYONE know what would happen then!
HUH?...lol!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 10:46:04 pm »
My thoughts exactly Gypsy!  ???
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 05:37:37 am »
There's another way that's even easier if you have Windows.  Go to this site

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

On the right hand side, about half way down, you'll see a program called "Image Resizer".  If you DL that, whenever you want to resize a pic, just right click on it, Hit "Resize Pictures", and then choose "Small".  It will create a Copy of the original with Small added to the name.  You can also do several photos at once by hilighting them, then right clicking.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 02:48:07 pm »
But, if you if that way, it uses the Gates algorythim to parse the the intersecting vectors, causing the nanodrive function to operate at warp 5, rather than at the accellerated gigabyte function that most Microsoft operating systems are designed for. And EVERYONE know what would happen then!
I read this to my husband and he fell off the couch laughing!!! You must be a fellow computer geek, you all think and talk alike!!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 06:16:36 pm »
There's another way that's even easier if you have Windows.  Go to this site

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

On the right hand side, about half way down, you'll see a program called "Image Resizer".  If you DL that, whenever you want to resize a pic, just right click on it, Hit "Resize Pictures", and then choose "Small".  It will create a Copy of the original with Small added to the name.  You can also do several photos at once by hilighting them, then right clicking.

Ang
Neat toy!

And If you didn't already figure it out, my earlier post was a TOTAL fabrication. Warp Drive, lol, give me a break!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 06:23:41 pm »

hahahaha and once again I have to wipe the coffee off my puter. I have absolutely no idea of what you just said, hahahahaha im reading it again and im just having to hold my belly here or it'll jump out of the room hahahahaha I might be a retard but I love dogs  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 11:54:44 pm »
I LOVE this site, but Michael is such a GEEK he expects everyone to understand what is going through his mind.
He's a Greyhound.
I'm a Basset Hound.
Too much Drag!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 07:35:10 am »
if you have adobe, all you have to do is adjust the pixel to 200 if that is what is required, choose save as, than choose copy
and wahh lahhhh
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 08:45:44 am »
bump up

smohr