Author Topic: Hello All!: Question regarding travel  (Read 4714 times)

Offline geecue2213

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hello All!: Question regarding travel
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:57:07 am »
Hello everyone,

Saw this site and was glad to see something for giant dogs.  I'm the proud owner of a  2 year old, 85 lb. blur of fur that resembles a yellow lab when he stands still, named Jagger, and a 1 year old, 150 lb. Saint Bernard named Timber. (the pic was taken last summer after Timber discovered how much fun rain can be)

I will be getting married in Colorado next spring, and will be needing to travel to Silverthorne from Atlanta, and I want to take my dogs, however, I do not want to fly them if its going to be too much of an ordeal, specifically if I have to fly my saint bernard as cargo.

Anyone have any experience doing something like this? 

Thanks!

-rob
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:17:18 pm by geecue2213 »

marypyrs

Re: Hello All!: Question regarding travel
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:21:57 pm »
Hi Rob! Welcome to BPO! I'm Jane. Mom to Rainbow and Whisper. Your Pups are adorable. I LOVE the "blur of fur" reference to Jagger!  :D WOW! Timber is a BIG boy! Ever so cute too.  :-*

Congratulation s on your upcoming Wedding! You're very wise to start planning transport ahead of time.

That's quite a long haul from Atlanta to Silverthorne. Over 1400 miles, isn't it? I wouldn't want to fly my big guys either. There are some really good nonrescue ground transports available. If you like I can PM you with a list.

Again ~ Welcome!!!!!

Jane & The Crew

Offline geecue2213

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All!: Question regarding travel
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 02:13:18 pm »
Jane,

Thanks so much for the input, a list would help greatly!  I'm very concerned for the travel, and the way it looks now, I may just have to suck it up and make the trip by driving.  Not that I'd mind seeing more of the country with my dogs, but it'll amount to about 24 hours of driving (more than that when you consider I'll have to make several stops for the dogs).  Thanks so much for the response, and the welcome!

Julie,

I'm curious, just how cold is it going to be in Colorado in March?  Any special things I should bring/consider for the dogs?

Thanks to both of you!

-Rob, Kristal, Timber and Jagger!