Author Topic: Not again!!  (Read 5247 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Not again!!
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:00 pm »
We have liquid poops again.  :(

I was sitting here reading posts, and started to smell something nasty,  Went out into the living room and there was a big liquidy shunky mess on the hardwood floor.  YUCK!  Took Naja outside, she peed, then she squatted for a poop, except poop didn't come out, it was a watery discharge that smelled like vomit.  She did this twice then wanted to go inside.  Inside the mess on the floor was poop, but smelled like a poop/acidic vomit combo.  I cleaned it up and it was soupy and slimey (sorry about the gross factor).  So I gave her 30 cc's of Pepto, and am going to with hold food tomorrow.  But I'm thinking this is happening WAY too often.  She's going into the vet when I get my tuition money in regardless, but what do you think could be causing this?  She didn't get into anything in the house.  She's only been left unsupervised while I was at school until my mother got home from 4-9, but she was out in her kennel for that time.  ??? :-\
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Not again!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 04:41:01 am »
When was the last time you gave her de-wormer?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:52:17 am »
I am ALL to familiar with the slimy mess you are talking about. I came home from work one day to find it ALL over the main floor in my house!
Personal Experiance... Titan has a bad gut! Its just him. The vet maybe suggested a bowel disorder but to find out for sure would involve an invasive bowel bi-opsy. He had been cleared through blood work and stool sample for all the worms/bacteria that would make him have lose stool. So regulate it through missing link and some yogurt everymorning. I have not seen his stool this good since...EVER! :) Titan flars up one week we find that a couple of bad days and then he's fine again. Some dogs are just more sensitive than others. Hoping she feel mucho better soon! Hugs and Kisses ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 05:09:02 am »
Some soil based bacteria can cause this.  Grace has had this happen many times.  It goes through the nose into the GI tract almost immediately.  I feel horrible when she gets this.  I try my best to keep her from sniffing miscellaneous doggy do in the grass if nothing else. 
I suppose it could be a lot of other things too...so have the vet check her.  Good luck

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 06:10:04 pm »
Kai had a recent episode of that nastiness. It lasted for like a week, even though I was treating her and feeding her rice and broth ,etc... I took her in, and her sample was clear for any of the usual suspects, but they put her on antibiotics and she "firmed" right up. No clue what it was, but it's gone now...Good luck!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

jesday

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 07:14:41 pm »
What kind of poop disposal system do you have? Just regular poop scooping? We bought one of those mini doggie septic systems. You dig down about 4-6ft add some water and an enzyme that breaks down the poop and acts like a septtic system. We had major rain and the water couldn't drain, Of course our guys liked the backed up ickky water over their clean fresh water. Because of the added enzyme in the brackish water it liquified their internal poop. You can imagine the mess times two. Vet said it wouldn't hurt them but it lasted about a week.

Is there any kind of strange drainage getting in her pen she could be getting into?

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 01:15:52 pm »
My girl got the runnys a day after the 4th. I suspect the fireworks. The town has a huge display right across the alley from my house. Was there any kind of recent stress? I gave yogart mixed in her food and it does work.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties