Author Topic: We have a house guest!  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
We have a house guest!
« on: June 26, 2008, 08:07:24 pm »
We are dog-sitting our friends' husky mix while they are at Disney World. She is a handful! And, just when I think I can't take her anymore, she calms down and sacks out like a perfect little angel.

She's lucky she's cute!!

Meet Trixie:

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: We have a house guest!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:08:16 pm »
Awwe, she is so cute!
She reminds me of Keiko at that age.  Same look on the face and very close to the same color (Keiko lightened up dramatically when she lost her puppy coat)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 05:17:25 pm »
She's actually been really good today. I had to get up early to take Aaron to the airport so when i got back I just wanted to take a nap.

I took her outside briefly, then put her in her kennel and went back to bed. A couple hours later, we had a loud thunderstorm and I thought she would start crying, but she was perfectly quiet.

When I got up, we worked on discipline for a while - she gets away with everything at her house (jumping, getting on the couch, eating people food, etc.) and now she is calm and content.

Her most annoying habit it "mouthing" when she's being told not to do something she has it in her mind to do.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 05:03:18 pm »
yeah, huskies are extremely mouthy.  We often have problems with some at work that obviously have been allowed to do it at home.