Author Topic: New Dog Bed  (Read 6062 times)

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
New Dog Bed
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:32:35 am »
I am looking to buy a dog bed for TINK. I want one that will fit her when she is grown. She is pushing 90lbs now and she is about 6-1/2 months. I want something durable, maybe denim? and easy to clean. I would love to personalize it too. I would love suggestions to narrow down my search.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

AudgePadge

Re: New Dog Bed
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:37:07 am »
Costco...They have some pretty large sized beds with the zipper cover and it's pretty durable and affordable.  Roscoe fits on one comfortably.  And it doesn't break the bank if someone decides he wants to eat it up...  ;)

Offline SadieA

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 01:18:14 pm »
Sammy's bed is from LL Bean, and it's denim. And he loves it. I know that they'll personalize them, too- embroidered names, and I think they also have patches for most dog breeds that you can have put on. I got Sammy's bed at the outlet store, which saved a little bit of money, so I didn't get it monogrammed or anything. But it is very durable, and dirt and fur vacuums off the bed really nicely. Also, I got him a size large, though I think their sizing chart recommends an XL for a dog of his size- and the large is PLENTY big for him, at 85 pounds. He can lie fully extended on his side no problem.

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:29:46 pm »
The boys have used a couple of brands for their beds....I second the motion regarding LL Bean beds- My officemate last year got a FULL replacement on a LL Bean bed after 6 years because it had kinda deflated!!??!!  I've been using beds from Orvis and they've totally maintained their fluff after over a year.  Good luck!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:33:34 pm »
I have heard the best things about LL Bean beds - they are supposed to be really good queality and have a great warranty like others have said.

I'm sticking with relatively cheap beds for now (cause of the pee), and my favorite so far has been a target indoor/outdoor one. It's really big and has stayed fluffy for months and it is really durable and was only $40.

When (if, lol) Penny gets huge I will probably make my own. Zoey's old bed was home-made with a really sturdy fabric. I bought a huge peice (4 yards), then folded it in half and double sewed the edges with sturdy yarn, and put a zipper on the last edge (alright, alright, I had someone else sew it saince I can't sew  ;)). Then I put a folded old comfortor and a box of polyfill into it.
RIP former BPO

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:45:36 am »
I love the denium one from LL Bean - exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to personalize it too!

Though the sofa is cute too!

Thanks for the info
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)