Rottweilers > Rottweiler Discussions

Grace's first ride in the new Jeep (and I think she busted her other leg)

<< < (3/3)

lins_saving_grace:
well she's got an appointment Thursday.  She's limping pretty regularly now.  I was hoping to get her in sooner and have this operation Thursday so I could have the weekend to keep her still...get used to it all again.  But it'll be early next week at this point.  I just want this behind her all over again.

lins_saving_grace:
it was going to happen sooner or later.  I tried babying her and playing it safe...and then i started seeing signs that it was starting to tear anyway.  she bounced on it pretty good about 3 weeks ago and that was the start of it.  i guess i'm relieved the wait is over and we can get through it and be done with it.  I'm pretty resiegned to the fact that this will be it...and preparing for the whole ordeal and making plans for arranging things and places to contain her while i'm at work.

lins_saving_grace:
we just got back from the vet.  1/2 way through the visit the power went out.  that was fun having to get blood drawn for the heartworm test and shots given in the dark. 
Grace has lost 5 pounds.  1 more pound and we can get on the less expensive heartworm treatment.
The vet felt some motion in her left leg he didn't like.  He gave us rymidal for 7 - 10 days and put her on couch rest.  (We had limited success with the ramp again tonight).  He thinks it's a strain on the ACL or a partial tear.  either way...it will blow soon if it hasn't already.  She wouldn't relax enough for him to move it a lot so i'm thinking it's a partial tear.  her right leg (even when she was tense) gave 2 to 3 points of movement in February leading to that operation.  i was surprised he didn't order us to to call to get her in to the surgical center tonight.  We shall see in 10 days if she's feeling better, which she is, but is still not putting 100% of her weight on the left leg.
all in all, heartworm test, ear goop (because her left ear itches now), office visit and meds: $154.50.

newfsie:
When we first tried to get our old Newfie Zack in the back of our Jeep with a Ramp, we used to park near a mound, sothat the ramp was not very steep......... .He eventually got used to it steeper and steeper. He loved the back of the Jeep (we Miss him so). Our new rescue and Coltriever both are able to jump in. What a difference that makes. I see that the Vet is also expensive in the USA, as it is here in Australia. Wishing your dog good health..

chrisg:
  My rottie would never make an the agility training and has always had problems getting into my jeep liberty.  I pull up the front passenger seat as far as I can and he jumps in on the floor of the back seat, the same to get him out.  Part of the back seat folds down so I can do that to then get him into the very back.  Works better than slipping off a hill I think.
chrisg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version