Author Topic: Throwing up food...but last time fed was last night  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Throwing up food...but last time fed was last night
« on: July 13, 2008, 03:37:33 pm »
This morning, we took all the dogs outside to due their business...gav e titan the hose to play with...he swallowed wrong and gaged...and too our surprise, he vomited food.  The last thing that he ate was his food yesterday at 6 pm...it was 10am that this happened.  Is this a problem? I think so, why didn't he digest the food? or is this normal...i knew that he threw up the water..just because he drank a lot of it...but food????

marypyrs

Re: Throwing up food...but last time fed was last night
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 04:03:08 pm »
I'm certanly no expert. But I think I would be more concerned if he had vomited bile. How's he acting now? Has he eaten again with no problem?

Modified to ask ~ are his 'poo's' normal? If so I would not worry too much. You'll feel better - however - if you call your Vet in the morning.  :-* :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:15:33 pm by marypyrs »

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 04:11:39 pm »
I think you should not be too concerned about the insident :)
Dogs can keep food in their stomachs for a long time where are humans on the other hand keep it in their intestine instead ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:16:06 pm »
I wouldn't worry either.  Though I'm also no expert, I've seen this before.  When Cassie & Sammy ate raisins a few months ago, we had to make them vomit.  At ~8pm they vomited up not only breakfast from ~10 o'clock that morning but also a few bits of dinner from about 24 hours before.  I was a little surprised by how long the food had sat in their stomachs, but it didn't concern the poison control vet at all.  Must be normal, I guess.

Is he acting normal now? 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 08:18:32 pm »
I dont mean too thread jack but I have a question.  Sometimes I will feed my guys early in the evening and not again till the am around 8.  A few times Gunner has vomited in the am if he doesnt get fed right after he wakes and is walked to do his business and it's always yellow bile.  This hasnt happened too often but it seems to happen when he goes long periods between his meals.
You guys know by now, im sure, that I have PMS(paranoid mom syndrome, I can admit it ;)) and the comment of "being more worried if it were bile", made my stomach turn and my heart race.  Am I over reacting?  Or should I be putting a call into the vet?
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 08:39:57 pm »
LOL thread jacking...too funny!!!! please ask away!  I thought that puking yellow bile was just a sign of an empty hungry tummy. but who knows...

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:02:18 pm »
That's what I thought too. 
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

marypyrs

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 09:52:18 pm »
Sorry. I thought the original question was in earnest. Thus the answer. If my dog/dogs were vomiting yellow bile I would be concerned. But I'll leave that 'joke' up to you now.