Author Topic: I totally understand if you don't want to talk to us ever again...  (Read 11207 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.  It's us!  I swear we're still alive.  And like i said in the title, we've neglected our BPO for quite some time, and we understand if you all want to shun us! 

It's funny... does anyone ever feel this way?  That it's busy but not really at the same time?  I feel like i'm always doing something for the most part but am not really busy... weird!

Update on Fumble... he's doing well.. i'm really quite t-o'ed because i'm working on a homecooked diet with him.  I'm working with a pet nutritionist and the first diet she gave us gave him diarrhea and now the poor guy is back on Orijen fresh fish and i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the staph or ear infections don't come back.  I've contacted the nutritionist but have yet to hear from her in a while and am A. starting to get worried if somethings happened to her, and B. if not A then peaved because it's been a while and i want my dog to get better! 

But other than that, he seems to be doing well.  Still rolling around on the floor, yapping up a storm, and whispering till he's blue in the face!  He's been spending his days out in his kiddie pool.  Go figure, we live less than a mile from the beach and yet we hang out on the back deck just to stay with him in his pool on the nice days!  lol!  Hey, i can still smell the ocean! 

Here are some pictures of the big guy... the first ones are fluffy mess becuase he still had his undercoat in.  I trimmed him on Friday night and then the pool pictures are his new do (still in progress, man that guys got a lot of undercoat!). 

"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
Re: I totally understand if you don't want to talk to us ever again...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:54:06 pm »
He is adorable and HUGE!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 02:07:05 pm »
Welcome back! Glad to hear Fumble is doing well :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 02:07:15 pm »
Awww too cute. I need to get Harley a pool. She loves to swim but lake water makes her skin flare up and she goes nuts with itching and chewing her self.  :'(

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:48:32 pm »
Yaaaaayyyyyyyy - our Fumble is back! 
We miss you big guy and your mama and Auntie too!

So glad to see you are enjoying your summer days by lounging in your pool...  it sure looks fun!

Maybe for a special treat you can take your mom and Auntie to the beach and them them run and frolic in the water!  :)

p.s. we NEED more pics please!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 05:34:41 pm »
HAHAHA Love the pic of Fumble sitting on the pool.  We've definitely missed you and the Fumbs.  I know what you mean about feeling busy as it feels like I'm always working bleh! Give Fumbs a kiss and hug for me and tell Stacy I said hi!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 06:38:19 pm »
Glad to see ya'll back and that Fumble is enjoying his pool so much.  I have to say that I like Fumble's thinking on this kiddie pool thing.  As long as he keeps you at home and away from the beach his rescuing time is much quicker in the kiddie pool than if he had to actually swim at the beach to get to you.  He's mastered job efficiency and job security.   ;D
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 07:15:38 pm »
Good to see you guys again.  We all get busy. 

Fumble looks good and sounds like he's doing well after his ordeal.  :)  glad to see him looking so good.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 08:38:17 pm »
Wow, Fumble is one handsome big paw! I love his expressions in the pictures. Glad you're back! 
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:20:30 pm »
There's Bear's long lost twin! Glad to see the Fumbs looking good and happy in his pool. :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 09:40:19 pm »
he is just gorgeous. How big is the big guy? Do you know what he weighs now. Clifford has a kiddie pool too, but he just stands in it and drinks it or walks circles around it. He never lays in it.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 06:39:29 pm »
Glad to see ya'll back and that Fumble is enjoying his pool so much.  I have to say that I like Fumble's thinking on this kiddie pool thing.  As long as he keeps you at home and away from the beach his rescuing time is much quicker in the kiddie pool than if he had to actually swim at the beach to get to you.  He's mastered job efficiency and job security.   ;D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA.... i have to share that with everyone i know!!! 

The shallow water is much easier to just jump in and pull out of.  Only thing is getting over the distraction of the hose filling it up.  if that's on... well just prepare to be in the water for a while!  fumble only has eyes on the hose! 

Thanks for the acceptance everyone!  We've missed all of you! 
I would LVOE to take fumbs to the beach, but i guess the fine for dogs on the beach went up to $200!!!  If i brought him over there and saw a cop, my plan would be to let him go and scream "how did a bear get on Cape Cod!!"... but for 200 bucks i'd rather not test it!  I mean come on, that's staph infection antibiotics right there!  i've got to weigh the options!  lol!   

Clifford to answer your question, last time we were at the vet he weighed in at 176.  With his diet changing lately he lost a little, but he looks like he's back to 175 if not more.  but man he is solid!  I've always kept him right at the brink of correct weight.  Gotta keep him healthy any which way i can. 

I don't have any more pictures of him recently, but i'll be sure to keep taking some to post!  he's still as funny as ever... mr personality!  Oh and with all the tourists and people renting houses... our usual 20 minute walk took us almost 2 hours the other night!!  That's why i call him Mr. Cape Cod!!  lol!
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 09:35:46 pm »

Clifford to answer your question, last time we were at the vet he weighed in at 176.  With his diet changing lately he lost a little, but he looks like he's back to 175 if not more.  but man he is solid!  I've always kept him right at the brink of correct weight.  Gotta keep him healthy any which way i can. 

I am so glad to see another big boy. Bear ballooned after the neuter but I think he looks great- just like Fumbs. Bear is at 165 now.

Here is a funny for you- last night I showed Michael the pic of Fumbs face and was like "aww...he is so good looking!" Michael goes "duh? we see him everyday!" I was baffled and go "uh- that is his twin, fumble". we laughed and he was like "well, the genes don't lie. even though they aren't directly related they are close enough and it shows!"  :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:48:22 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 09:42:48 pm »
Good to see you guys.  Mr. Fumble looks like he's having a great summer.  Are there any beaches on Cape Cod that are dog friendly?  ???  Geez, beaches & dogs go together like ice cream & cake!   ;D

BTW, are Fumble & Bear really related?  If so, how cool is that?
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 04:19:26 am »

I am so glad to see another big boy. Bear ballooned after the neuter but I think he looks great- just like Fumbs. Bear is at 165 now.

Here is a funny for you- last night I showed Michael the pic of Fumbs face and was like "aww...he is so good looking!" Michael goes "duh? we see him everyday!" I was baffled and go "uh- that is his twin, fumble". we laughed and he was like "well, the genes don't lie. even though they aren't directly related they are close enough and it shows!"  :)

hahaha!   the two are strickingly close!  i did show everyone at work bear's youtube and was like "now this is his long lost twin...." lol... Bear does look great!  He looks like the perfect newfoundland!

i'll have to redmind stacy... she said that she might be headed out to CA for a week or something with her boyfriend because he grew up and his fam is in the LA area.  I'll have to remind her that she should try to meet mr. bear if she goes!  You guys are near LA, right?  I'm not sure when she's going, but that would be awesome if you could meet up with her!