Author Topic: NDR - Sad news... My Sable is gone!  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
NDR - Sad news... My Sable is gone!
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:08:06 am »
Just when I was going to post pics and the happy news of the new fawn we bought, I have terrible news...  Jeff and I went out to feed the fawns this morning and we found Sable dead.  She was the rare melanistic fawn!  I don't want to lose any fawns, but to lose her, as rare as she was just feels like a harder blow to take.  It wasn't a pleasant sight and to avoid the graphics, she apparently ate something that she could not pass through her digestive system.  We have no idea what but that's what it looked like.

My poor sweet Sable, she was so lovable and affectionate.  Her bond with us was so much stronger than her sister, Bella.  After feedings, Bella would wander off and nibble on greens, but Sable would just stay by us and take turns nuzzling us and licking us.  I just said to Jeff last night that she was just like Nikita, Jeff's first and most affectionate doe.  We lost Nikita to old age last year and were always hoping to have another deer with her personality and we were so excited that Sable was that chip off of Nikita's block. Poor baby, why did you insist on eating everything in sight, even if it wasn't food?  I wish there was some way for her to have known how special she was.

RIP Sable.  You will always be remembered and you will be missed.  We loved you baby.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

EllieAndBlu

Re: NDR - Sad news... My Sable is gone!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:19:22 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your precious girl.
Rest in peace sweet Sable.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:10:02 am »
I am sorry for your loss  :'(
RIP former BPO

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:39:22 am »
Oh that is just awful news. Fawns are so very sweet and inocent. Just can't help but love them. A friend of ours raises whitetail deer and we just love to go and feed them, especially in the spring when they have their fawns. So very sorry for your heartbreaking news. :'(
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties