Author Topic: I finally got the picture!!!!!  (Read 5562 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I finally got the picture!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 05:12:03 pm »
Tis better for a Dane pup to be skinny than fat.  There were times I wouldn't take Sanity out because he looked so anorexic.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 05:14:48 pm »
my mom told me I wasn't feeding her enough cause she looked so skinny...cours e her dogs are huge and love to eat mcdonalds

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 05:23:33 pm »
Every single one of my dogs is fit.  But we've had people call animal control on us because they say we're neglecting them and not feeding them.  Of course all these people have obese dogs.  That's the thing.  Just like people, so many of of today's pets are overweight.  People are so used to seeing fat dogs that they think fit ones are too skinny, that fat dogs are fit and that morbidly obese dogs are just a little chunky. 

Plus, I don't know what kind of dogs your mom has, but different dogs have different body typs and so they look more thin/fat than they're supposed to when compared the breed you're used to.  Like Araby and Sanity are both deep chested dogs, with tiny little waists.  When compared to Hobo, who's a working barrel chested dog, he looks fat.  In fact we call him Chunks, even though he's really not.  Put a muscular Rottie next to a muscular natural eared Dobie and 80% of the population would say that one is fat and one is thin.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 06:05:42 pm »
my mom has a lab, standard poodle, a golden, and 2 very fiesty small terriers...  I would say that the lab and the golden are fat.  way too many big macs I guess...

Blair

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 10:13:22 pm »
Mr. Grey is very thin, I still gets look when I take him in public. I guess he is at the ugly stage of his growth cause he is nothing but legs. But he has just recently started looking better, not that starved look anymore. If I go back 3 generations in his pedigree he has a lot of euro bloodlines. I really need to get him weighed cause I am very curious of his weight, amybe next weekend Ill taake him to petsmart to be weighed.