Author Topic: Some Things You CAN Do With Big Dogs...  (Read 13549 times)

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Some Things You CAN Do With Big Dogs...
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 02:18:39 am »
Besides drive-thu's, the Snap-On tool guy in my old neighborhood used to keep treats in the tool truck. Then a couple of the UPS drivers started carrying biscuits. Lucy got the idea that all step-vans had dog treats as standard equiptment. We were doing an off leash lap 'round the 'hood one day, she was about 20 feet in front and there was a delivery truck with the door open and the driver sorting packages in the back. Lucy hopped up and was right behind the guy when he turned around, scared the beejeezus out of him. I explained very quickly, he had a sense of humor, but no treats........ ..
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2005, 08:29:35 am »
Such lucky dogs!

Back when we had a fullsized van, Blizzard could go anywhere with us and she did! She loved it. We even had room to place another Pyr in there, along with the six kids. Her favorit was a sunday afternoons. We'd all pile in after mass, go back home and pick her up, then head out across the river, drive the riveroad and end up in a small town. They had this great homemade icecream shop! I'd sit out on the porch with her while the kids and my husband went in to order..they'd always bring back two schoops of vanilla for her.

Saddly, we downgraded to a mini-van (stupid oil prices.) and poor Blizzard can only go on walks, trips to the vet...and sometimes to Petsmart if I only take two kids with me,max. Otherwise, there's just no room for her. The kids all get squished in the back seat.

It's actually  making her more depressed,poor baby.

The other day my youngest child asked if we could move to "Birdwell Island"...lol..home of Cliffard the Big Red Dog.

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2005, 01:59:05 pm »
When Dad and I hiked up to Kennecott, we took Sherwen. Dad didn't want to hike all the way down, so we decided to take the bus back to McCarthy. I didn't know if they'd let dogs on, but they said that Sher would be allowed if we bought him a ticket (which was only $1 because he was under 10, lol).
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2005, 07:35:44 pm »
I'll have to try the local Home Depot, and Barnes and Noble, don't know what their policy is, guess I'll find out. Don't want anyone coming off negative to Tulsa, she can get negative too. As long as I can save her she'll do alright.
God bless the Beasts and the Children.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2005, 08:30:47 pm »
I'll have to try the local Home Depot, and Barnes and Noble, don't know what their policy is, guess I'll find out.

For what it is worth, Scott recently took Gwen to our local Home Depot without anyone saying anything about it....

Marsi
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Elizabeth

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2005, 08:56:13 pm »
I manage a movie theater and will sometimes bring the kids (two akitas) with me during the day to watch a movie by ourselves. They get to run around the auditorium when the mood strikes them, but mostly they just watch the movie with me.