Author Topic: I'm going to Italy!!!!----Update: I'm Back!!  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
I'm going to Italy!!!!----Update: I'm Back!!
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:53:12 am »
Tomorrow, I am going to Cedar Point (Amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio for those of you that aren't familiar). So I'm flying to Cleveland tomorrow. Going there...then leaving Cleveland the day after (Thursday) to go to ROME. Wooohooo. I'm so excited. I haven't been on much lately because I've been working a TON. And trying to plan this trip in less than a month. I miss you guys!!

Once I come back from Italy though, I should have more free time on my hands!

I'll only be there for 4 days, but at least it's a little "taste" of italy.  ;)

I hope everyone is doing well! I'll be back soon!Smooches to all the pooches :-*
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:35:27 am by Pyr Heaven »
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

AudgePadge

Re: I'm going to Italy!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:55:50 am »
so...you're taking me with you right??? I can totally fit in a suitcase!!!  ;D

Take lots of pics! Have FUN!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:23:14 pm »
we'll miss you and Miles. Have shot of espresso for me! Take lots of pictures of sexy Italian men!

Are you going by yourself?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 12:57:31 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You will love it there i have been 4x each time was a different experience enjoy! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 02:34:45 pm »
I wasn't so impressed with Rome. I like Pisa better. Be prepared for walking! Everything is very spread out. The train system is easy to use though.

Most important! Have Fun and eat a lot of Gelato!
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 02:52:50 pm »
WOW!!!   What a jet setter you are!  I loved Cedar Point as a kid. but Italy would be so much more fun

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 03:17:19 pm »
That is great!!!  I love to travel and Italy is on my short list of places to visit.
I cant wait to see the pic's when you get back.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 04:57:29 pm »
Congrats on your trip and I have to say that I'm super jealous.  I so want to go to Italy again.  Have fun and take lots of pics.  We'll miss you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: I'm going to Italy!!!!----Update: I'm Back!!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 11:51:36 am »
I'm baaack! I certainly didn't feel like I was there long enough, and most of the time was spent traveling.

Day one-Thursday July 24, I was traveling for a total of about 26 hours between leaving CLE (since I went to Cedar Point) arriving in Chicago...leav ing again to go to Italy....Then taking a train from the airport to the main train station in rome. Then the train workers decided to go on STRIKE (which took about an hour for me to figure out as the train employees didn't speak much english), so I was stuck at the train station for 4 hours. Then I had to take a train to get from Rome to Bologna which took 4 hours instead of two since the fast trains were sold out. Then I FINALLY arrived at my hotel after getting lost on the way....at approximately 6pm Friday evening (11am Friday Central Time)....Then I had to go to a meet and greet for the wedding...I was basically sleeping on the couch when I was supposed to be socializing. :P

Day Two-The Wedding
Had a good night's sleep..enjoyed the nice FREE breakfast at the hotel (it was delicious)..then enjoyed the beauty of the church as I attended the wedding. I had no idea what was being said the whole time because it was all in Italian..sooo yeah...basical ly I just enjoyed the beauty of the church. It was SO hot in there though.[I swear, Italy doesn't believe in air conditioning. And when they do SAY they have air conditioning.. .it means they have it set to about 80. So compared to the 100 degrees it is outside, it feels cool when you first walk in, but then you realize...it's not all that cool. hahaha] Following the wedding was the reception at this delicious Indian restaurant. Boy oh boy was it delicious. The whole meal took about 3 hours to eat too! hahaha

Day Three-Wake up to go back to the train station to head back to Rome. Spend the whole live long day in Rome. Not long enough, but it certainly was enjoyable while I was there.

Day Four-Back to the train station...to catch a train to the airport...to catch a shuttle to the terminal...to go through security....to check in...to go through actual security....to get my passport checked...to take another shuttle to the gate...to get my ticket pulled to go on the plane...to go down an escalator...to get my passport checked again...to wait in line...to catch ANOTHER shuttle...to FINALLY get on the plane....10 hours later arrive in Chicago...then take a bus back to MKE! wooohoo!

It was a very good time, but next time I will have to stick around longer. The travel part of it pooped me out!

I will post pics later on today!!

AHHH. I can't believe I was in Italy. It was great!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to Italy!!!!----Update: I'm Back!!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 02:40:05 pm »
If I were you I would take a week off just to recover ::) :P Sounds like you had fun though :) Any pictures of HOT Italian guys?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)