BPO Website Forum > Specific Website Information

Posting etiquette

(1/4) > >>

jesday:
This is the first board to which I have ever posted and I'm hoping I'm not breaching posting etiquette.

I find that my posts are a bit longer on average than others. My husband is always asking me to 'get to the point'. Should posts be as short as possible?

I find when responding to someone I will mention a like situation or refer to something that happened to me along the same lines. I read another post who apologized for being a 'thread stealer' when I felt her comments were about the topic. I certainly don't want to be a thread stealer.

And lastly, I feel compelled to answer everyone who responds to a topic I started. I'm thankful for their input and feel  kind of rude if I don't respond back each time. Is this rude?

I really love this site, love the pics, the advice, the sharing. I don't want to step on any paws out of ignorance on my part. Here I go with another lengthy post. I just love to talk, talk, talk ...

kealoha812:
I'm new here so I have wondered the same thing about my posts! But I can say- I love your posts!!! I think dog lovers are notoriously talkers! Lord knows I am one...Hence the reason we are all on here every day!!! I've been overwhelmed at how nice and helpful everyone is. I think we should all buy every house in a community and move next to each other! I'd be there...as long as we all do it near a beach!

People Whisperer:

--- Quote from: El'skids on July 23, 2008, 03:55:35 pm ---
I don't want to step on any paws out of ignorance on my part.

--- End quote ---
LOL! You are funny!

yellow_dog_mom:
Don't you just know our beloved men always think we talk too much ::)
And we always think they don't talk enough? I have heard the 3 most dreaded word a man hears is "we need to talk"

Seriously, I think your post was extremely considerate, very sweet, and you DID get right to the point!

BlazerJo:
Thank you soooo much for this topic starter.  I'm new to posting and this is also my first message board thingy.  I'm really enjoying reading everything and your message was very helpful to me as a beginner.  I just wanna talk about my puppies and hear about other's puppies. Pics are my fave!  But anyway... thanks for all the info your post stirred up!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version