Author Topic: Shedding Help!!!!I have tumble weeds flowing around the house....  (Read 27183 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Shedding Help!!!!I have tumble weeds flowing around the house....
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 07:12:07 pm »
I just ordered one from www.vetpetdire ct.com.  There were a couple of sizes and were ON SALE!!  I have no idea how it will work, but I'll let you know when mine arrives...

Offline ZoesMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 08:04:48 pm »
I'm not really sure what's so different about the FURminator than the other stripping tools.  I don't have any of those.  I asked a friend of mine, who is a professional groomer, and she recommended the FURminator highly.  People will come into her shop just to have their dogs FURminated.  The cost is a bit much, however I don't have to take her in to be professionally groomed now either.  It doesn't hurt her and it pulls just the undercoat part out, which is apparently where most shedding occurs.  I was also glad that it came in a larger size for my larger dog.  Good luck!

Offline puma56

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 07:47:14 am »
Yup, yup--keep brushing, raking, all of the above--I do like the spray paint/decorating theme--or toss it all into the trees outside--they make great birds' nests.  Hey--it's almost Easter--maybe use them as placecards with some jelly beans in the center.