Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 3725 times)

Offline GeegLuvMyDogs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New Member Introduction
« on: August 08, 2005, 10:50:59 pm »
Hi...So glad I found this place!!  Someone had the foresight to put this website on craigslist and there I was the other night seeing what was going on on the pet pages of craigslist and "Big Paws Only" sounded so intriguing.... .

So here I am....I am Gigi, a mom of two terrific kiddos and I'm a HUGE dog lover.  We are owned by three terriers (two Westies and an evil Cairn) and a beautiful Newfoundland named Ebony.  They bring us much joy and happiness and laughter.  But I'm walking around with a huge hole in my heart as our Great Pyrennes died about a month ago.  She was the best girl in the world and the source of tremendous joy.  Sadie will always live in our hearts.  More on her at another time when I'm more composed to talk about her.

But it's great to be here, with other like-minded and like-hearted dog lovers.  We are in the process of moving back "home" for me, to the Tacoma, WA area.  If there are any Newf owners around here, I'd love to meet you!  What am I saying??  If there are any big dog lovers around here, I'd love to meet you!

Hope you enjoy the photos!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 11:07:40 pm »
Hi!...I'm Chelle & I am loved by 2 Great Pyrs who are just turned 1 & 5 & 1/2 months old...They are my 1st dogs!...I am truely saddened to hear of the loss of your big white fluff butt!!!...Will you tell us more about Ms. Sadie please?...Also, I would like to hear stories about your other dogs (PLEASE stories about your 'evil" Cairn..lol!) & you & your skin kids!...I have 2 skin kids ages almsot 7 & just turned 8...They answer to Russell & Melyssa & sometimes "HEY YOU"...LOL!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 11:21:22 pm »
Hello! I'm Megan and I am owned by 2 dobermans! But we have 3 other dogs living in our house as well(1 mini daschund, 1 mini poodle, and 1 GSD mix). along with our many many other pets and people!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:49:41 pm »
Hi - I am Timmie.  I am slave to 1 gd pup - 12 wks old, and 2 poms.  Also there are 2 cats, 5 sugargliders, 1 gerbil, and 2 teenagers....  Welcome- you will  like it here.  I am so sorry about Sadie....
Timmie

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 09:11:37 am »
Welcome! that is also how i found this place, from craigs list. such a great site! lol im angel and i have a dane pup that is almost 6 months old, a chihuahua,cat,2 cocatiels,1 hamster and 5 kids. yup a house full..oh wait cant forget the hubby.

sorry to hear about Sadie, i lost my dane a year ago and it still hurts. he was such a gentle boy. i had to put him to sleep due to kidney failure. you will never forget your baby but it will get easier as time goes by.

ANGEL

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 09:36:25 am »
Welcome to BPO! I'm Leah and have a 2 year old Saint and a 2&1/2 year old husky/shepherd. They are the love of my life, along with their Daddy ;).Can't wait to see more pics of all of your family! Maybe when you are ready you could start a thread in memorial to your beloved Sadie, it always hurts to lose someone so dear, but we really would love to hear how she touched your life.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline queenangi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 09:58:51 am »
Is there anyone in or around Portland, OR that has Newf pups? We live in Newberg and would love to get our pups together. We have 2 newf/lab babies. I have tried to post pics but for some reason I can't. Could be operator error!