Author Topic: NDR: It's official: WE'RE MOVING!!  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
NDR: It's official: WE'RE MOVING!!
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:34:45 am »
Well, we have decided just to pull up roots and move to San Antonio. After the whole Teavana job let-down, I figured we just have to be there to get hired there.

My sister lives in San Antonio and has a small guest house that is currently vacant and she is going to let us stay there for $300/mo. (utilities included) until about Oct. or November.

She has a huge yard, but no fence so we may use the equity from selling our house to put up a fence, but will be crating the dogs when we're not there anyway. There is also a doggie day care just down the street!!

Aaron already talked to his district manager and they are opening some new GameStops in San Antonio in the next couple of months so it looks like he can get transferred so at least one of us will have a job before we go.

Wish me luck!! Also, if you know anyone in the area that might have a couple used large crates for sale, I'd really like to avoid paying $100 each for brand new ones.

Wish me luck! We've got lots to do before mid-September.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: NDR: It's official: WE'RE MOVING!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:43:55 am »
hahahaha!! You assume this backwards little town has an anti-cruelty anything!! I've seen too many cruelty arrests be prosecuted with a slap on the wrist:

- german shepherd had its front and back legs taped together and mouth taped shut so the owner could home-castrate him with a steak knife.  FINE: $300

- woman puppy milling dozens of dogs, inbreeding, dogs filthy, deformed, severely malnourished and critically ill. Tons of evidence. I was called to testify, sat in the courtroom for 2 days and never called to the stand. CASE: dismissed (she promised not to do it again)

- chihuahua/rat terrier mix inbred and born with congenital deformities that caused it to not be able to control her bowel movements & urination. Owner's solution was to keep her outside tied up around fire ant piles with no shelter.
CHARGED WITH: nothing as long as they released her to the animal shelter who turned her over to the humane society

Sorry, this is one reason why I'm moving. These stories go on and on and are too heartbreaking.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 02:27:26 pm »
Oh, I've been having a lot of fun "purging". I sorted through my jewelry and got rid of about half of it. I took it to work and let "my girls" have their pick of what they wanted. I also took a big box of leftovers from my last garage sale and other stuff I found and let my employees go through it. They were so excited and I liked that my stuff went to those who would appreciate it.

I've also been heavily posting on our local Freecycle - if y'all don't know what this is, it's a yahoo group that many communities have so you can post stuff to give away and other people will come claim your junk. It's awesome!

There are also a couple of local "for sale", Craigslist-type yahoo groups that I'm selling some bigger things on. They go quickly and I get MONEY!!

Purging is FUN!!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:41:24 pm »

- german shepherd had its front and back legs taped together and mouth taped shut so the owner could home-castrate him with a steak knife.  FINE: $300

That was really too much for the start of my day but congrats on the move!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 03:46:09 pm »
that is a HUGE move.  but you'll be ok.  sometimes you just have to up and go.  I did it once.  I can't say i want to do it again, but it's something you gotta do if you feel the need.  It's scarey though.  and you'll land a job in no time.
do you have a buyer for the house?   
GAME STOP?  any ex box games you want to unload?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 03:59:26 pm »
that is a HUGE move.  but you'll be ok.  sometimes you just have to up and go.  I did it once.  I can't say i want to do it again, but it's something you gotta do if you feel the need.  It's scarey though.  and you'll land a job in no time.
do you have a buyer for the house?   
GAME STOP?  any ex box games you want to unload?

HAHAHA!! Aaron has plenty of Xbox games, but he trades them in for store credit so he can buy more games.

We don't have a buyer for the house yet. We have a real estate agent coming over tomorrow and we have a couple of minor repairs to do before we sell it (Thanks to Kentucky and Derby's attempt to remodel the outside of the workshop), but the housing market here is, fortunately, a lot better than the rest of the country. So, hopefully, we'll at least be able to sell it for as much as we paid for it, maybe a little more - fingers crossed, knock on wood, toss salt over the shoulder...

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 04:12:05 pm »

[/quote]
 fingers crossed, knock on wood, toss salt over the shoulder...
[/quote]

you should probably spit on something for luck too!