Author Topic: My dogs need a nutritionist!  (Read 3946 times)

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
My dogs need a nutritionist!
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:57:48 am »
So, I finally got the Kool Dogz ice treat maker and my daughter and I made what we thought was a scrumptious treat! Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and some dog treats on top! Timber licked it once or twice to see if he could get that treat off the top and then wanted nothing to do with it! I brought Meli out - same thing. Timbers brother, Angus - no dice. So then I thought competition always works so I tried to dig out a berry while the others stood and watched. They couldnt care less. So, obviously my babes arent into the berries! Any recipes you all have used that work well? I thought about using Chicken Broth next time instead of water...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:58:55 am by kealoha812 »
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
Re: My dogs need a nutritionist!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 03:58:01 pm »
I wish Id had my daughter on tape watching the dogs ignore the treat... she said "Man, I wish we didnt put the dog treats in there cause I would have eaten it!" It was scrumptious looking.  SO, only one brand of ice cream, and only at a certain consistency? That takes the cake for most spoiled!  (although I may be a close second after dumping 10 bucks worth of fruit since the puppers didnt like it- if that had been my kids I would have insisted they eat it!)
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)