Leonbergers > Leonberger Discussions

Accident - Feeling Guilty

(1/3) > >>

BHNY:
Tonight I was playing with Maggie and threw a bone just left of her, she had been chasing a toy and started trying to chew an inappropriate object so I tossed the bone to get her attention. When I did it her back was towards me but foolishly I said her name, so as the bone hit the ground, Maggie turned her head towards is and one bounce later the bone pokes her hard right in the eye. Immediately she started wailing this horrible cry and started dancing around. The bone got her good and now her eye is all swollen and puffy. Talk about a horrible feeling.

Tomorrow we will evaluate the eye and bring her to the vet, I couldn't feel worse  :'(

kealoha812:
accidents happen to all of us. Don't beat yourself up about it. I know you feel like poo... but try and cut yourself some slack. You were playing with your pup, how were you to know the bone would bounce!...  We'll send lots of get well kisses and wait for an update...

jesday:
We've never done anything like that to our dogs. ;) Just don't ask Chili about the time my hubs didn't know he was in the covers and flung him across the room as he pulled them back to get into bed. Broke his little leg :'( Hubs felt bad for such a long time. Probably where Chili got a taste for Rotisserie Chicken. Hand fed fresh off the bird every night for weeks. :D

VdogLover:
I'm sorry but I do not agree with everyone else on this...What you did was 100% on purpose and it is animal abuse! In light of this I will be arriving at your home to give Maggie the home she deserves ;)

For real though, I think most people have accidently hurt their dog at one time or another. My own father (when he was 17) backed over his Lab with the car...dog sneezed and walked away no harm down. Dogs forgive and move on.

Rajas Mom:
I hope that her eye is doing better!

And... as everyone says, it happens unfortunately.  I'll never forget when we brought Bo home as a puppy.  As we were walking in the door with our 9 week bundle of joy the phone started ringing.  My husband went downstairs into the basement to take the call.  I set the little tyke down and went to go get a fresh bowl of water for him.  Shadow sneaked out of our bedroom and cornered him in the kitchen to check him out.  Suddenly I heard, "Thump, thump, thump..."  To this day, I swear Shadow pushed him!  Unbeknowest to me, my husband accidentally left the basement door open.   :-[

The most ironic part were the breeder's exact words to us as she went over the contract and the health coverage, "We cover such and such, etc. but that doesn't count if he were to go home and fall down the stairs or something."

Bo was OK, of course, although I always wondered if he possibly received a bit of a head injury to account for his extra-energetic willful self.  I guess his entrance with a bang into our home was a good sign of the chaos he was about to bring us!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version