Author Topic: Food Switch from Canidae to California Naturals  (Read 4514 times)

DenverFurKiddos

Food Switch from Canidae to California Naturals
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:06:34 am »
This past week, we used the last of our old formula Canidae. 
Because we hadn't decided on the new food yet, my husband just bought a bag of the new formula.  Uh-oh.  BIG, HUGE mistake! 

Winston and Champ are having some MAJOR reactions....t hey both have had blowouts to the point that they need baths afterwards!  There is absolutely nothing worse than working a long day, only to come home to explosive diarrhea all over the crate and fur, and projectiled onto the walls and carpet.  YUCK! 

So, we made the straight change to California Naturals (Chicken and Rice), with extra toppings of pumpkin and probiotic enzymes. 

Wish us luck!!!!!   

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
Re: Food Switch from Canidae to California Naturals
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:27:46 am »
My fingers are crossed!  As stated previously, I bought the new formula without realizing it and also had a lot of problems.  The pet store told me that California Naturals was about the closest thing to the old formula, so you should be in luck.
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP

DenverFurKiddos

Re: Food Switch from Canidae to California Naturals
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 04:30:25 pm »
Well, that's great to hear!  I was a little stressed making the final decision!  Hopefully, we'll have luck too! Did you make a gradual transition, or go cold turkey???