Author Topic: Another Update  (Read 2838 times)

bigdogs@5501

Another Update
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:01:46 pm »
So little time to do anything now days ..like get on BPO.
For all of you Mastiff folks, I have fallen for the English Mastiff breed and we have rescued 9 in the past 3 months. We just adopted out a male who at 10 months weighed 120 pounds. He was a court ordered seizure for neglect and was quiet the love bug. I still have a little apricot with the black mask baby and a brindle baby- they are both girls and both have quiet the personalities.
Of course we still have pyrenees and the Panda Pyr. We have had a raging case of the upper respiratory uck and that has really taken a toll on some of the dogs. I did pull a little pyr from a shelter who was pregnant, we unfortunately lost her and her babies over a 4 day period of time, that is the hard part of rescue. The vet did everything that she could, we just couldnt do enough to save the little girl who was really only a baby herself.

We are dealing with heat and slow adoptions and lots of need but all in all life is good- I will pull some pics of all of my mastiff babies, what an incredibly neat slobbery beast rolled up in a dog body with huge feet and tons of personality.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Another Update
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:25:34 pm »
thanks for the update.
Looking forward to seeing the pix of the mastiff pups.
That is too bad about the pyr and her puppies but I guess you can't save them all no matter how hard you try.  :'(

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 06:02:47 am »
Oh new pictures yeah!!  Can't wait to see the pups!

I'm sorry you couldn't save they Pyr. puppy and Mom - that is so sad and must be an awful part of the job : (

Hope you are surviving the intense heat down there. 

Randy

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 07:32:32 pm »
you are definately a blessing for those dogs.  if i could, i'd rescue them all too. 

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 12:49:38 am »
You are also my hero!!!

I was just telling a friend of mine that my next dog will be a mastiff.  But that will have to wait until after nursing school, so for now pictures will have to do!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:19:22 am »
Trying to save them all is like trying to empty the ocean with an eyedroper- it just  cant be done!

You are doing a wonderful thing for the big kids! Give them big hugs and kisses from us and keep on fighting the Good Fight!! Bravo!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 06:02:57 am »
What you are doing is so amazing! You are definitely a guardian angel.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven