Author Topic: Neo in Toronto up for Adoption  (Read 18812 times)

Offline Derek

• Gnawer
  • She's a Neo Mastiff
    • View Profile
Neo in Toronto up for Adoption
« on: August 09, 2005, 12:04:01 pm »
Good Day folks,
I joined BigPaws Only this weekend past in an
effort to locate a loving family in Toronto and surrounding
areas that is in search of a Neo Mastiff.
I am putting mine up for immediate adoption.
Better details are described in the Mastiff Neo Discussion board.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 12:11:47 pm by Derek »

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Neo in Toronto up for Adoption
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 12:06:16 pm »
He is beautiful!!

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:14:16 pm »
She is so beautiful, I wish I was closer to you so that I could foster for you until you found her a forever home. Unfortunatley, I'm in Halifax. How immediate is her situation?
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Derek

• Gnawer
  • She's a Neo Mastiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 12:18:47 pm »
Its unfortunate but I would like someone to take her
as soon as possible.

ann

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 12:23:46 pm »

derek,i would strongly suggest you call a masiff  rescue, i would think there are some in canada........ ..

ann

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 12:24:26 pm »
So, the only reason that she needs a new home is that your mom doesn't like the drool? Oh my! How sad. I read another member's suggestion to have her spayed first, that is a really good idea. I am 8 hours from Toronto, I could probably foster her for a few weeks, but can't keep her forever because I'm moving soon. However, I'd hate for some unscrupulous breeder to get her and make her into a puppy machine. So, if I can be of any help with a foster situation, let me know. Anyone out there able to help with this? Come on, guys! We can't let some crazy person turn this baby into a puppy factory! I'll drive up and get her, and can keep her for....oh, three weeks? Maybe a bit more? Let's make this work, girls! (and guys!)
Nicole

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 12:26:07 pm »
Oh, and one other thing...I can have her spayed. A local vet will do it for $25 bucks. So, I'll cough up for that, too.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 12:34:03 pm »
Trinity of Hope Dog Rescue specializes in giant breed dogs, I know that you said that you don't want to put here in a place like this but if at last resort it could be an option. They are in Manotick Ontario. If we could find a few more people to help in the leg of driving I would definatley help in the foster, it would take someone to get her through Quebec, I could manage the New Brunswick into Halifax.

I will also email a friend of mine is very active in Maritime rescue and see if she has any contacts in Ontario. It's something about her beautiful face that breaks my heart. How is she with other dogs? Does she get along better with males or females. You said that she is good with children? Does she have any special needs concerning any area?
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 12:34:30 pm »
OK, gotta run, but if anyone wants to make a mission of this, let me know...just PM me or something. Or e-mail at nicolekintzele@hotmail.com

Offline Derek

• Gnawer
  • She's a Neo Mastiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 12:55:24 pm »
I have no problems placing her with a rescue family.
I can not put her into facility or a family that is going to keep her in a cage all day.  She could not handle that.  We have placed her in kennels before when we had to go away for a few days and she gets depressed and does not eat properly.  She is used to being loose all the time.
The only special need to be considered is companionship - she constantly wants to
be at your feet and rubbed and touched. 
Yes, the drooling infuriates my mom.  She tends to pace around a lot even at all hours of the night and this drives my parents up the wall.  They are unreasonable and figures she should "lay down" all darn day..Yeah, I am bitter...lol
The only reason she is not spayed is cause when we first got her we were going to breed her once for puppies for friends but then they backed out when they saw how big she was getting, so we never bred her.
The only problem I can see with her will be the seperation depression if someone takes her.  She is sooo attached to my brother and I that it will be devistating to her and will take some time to bounce back with the new family.  I left her with a potential family in June for a week.  She would not leave their front door for the first couple days but eventually slowly started to warm up to them.  They absolutely loved her but unfortunately chose not to adopt her.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 01:17:05 pm »
Wish there was some way you could keep her...very sorry

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 01:22:14 pm »
I really wish that I could take her, I even spoke to my fiance about it and he said no, as we have 2 dogs already and our house is too small for 3 dogs.  :(
But it wouldn't be fair to her, especially since we both work full time and she wouldn't have human conpanionship all day. I really wish I could take her though, she is soo beautiful, and I don't mind the drool, my Pyr is a droll machine!  ;D
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 02:13:15 pm »
Hey Saint Girl-
 Well...like I said. I can get her from Toronto. The drive is 8 hours each way, but...oh, wait a minute. Is there any kind of restrictions on taking a dog from Canada into the U.S.? Anyone know anything about this?

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 02:15:30 pm »
Hmm.....I'll have to look.

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 02:18:47 pm »
Do you think that it would be US Customs? They would be the ones, right?