Author Topic: Neo in Toronto up for Adoption  (Read 18815 times)

Nicole

Re: Neo in Toronto up for Adoption
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 02:20:30 pm »
Ok, sweet! Where'd you find that, Jenn? I looked all over their website!

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 02:21:45 pm »
Anyway, Saint girl...
 I could do some driving, I could go get her...I'm not sure where Halifax is in relation to Toronto. Or, like I said, I could keep her for a few weeks until something else worked out.

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 02:24:33 pm »
Hmm.....Yahoo maps says its 17 hours from Toronto to Halifax! Ack! That's a loooooong drive!

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 02:26:53 pm »
I'm late getting back to this. Jenn's right, their is no quarentine, however they do require that you have a vet record with you. This shows the rabies, and all of the other vaccines that the dogs have gotten. If the dog is sickly looking they will not allow it through the boarders, and a vet check must be done to show that the dog does not pose a threat any other animals or people. I'm all for helping this poor little girl. However I am already in Canada, I wouldn't be of much use in helping her get down into the US. But whatever I can do...just let me know.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 02:32:22 pm »
Yeah...and once I got her here, I'd have to find something else for her in a few weeks. I'm sure that my boyfriend wouldn't be too pleased if I left him with the Neo when I went back to school in a few weeks! Unless I look for a place that allows dogs....hmmm.. ..

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 02:38:53 pm »
Toronto to Halifax is 17 hours :o! I know this all too well. That is why I said that the only bit of the drive I could do would be to New Brunswick, the half way point. I knew it would be a long shot, but I had to offer. It kills me when the giants are shuffled around because of no fault of their own. Size, drool...what all of the giants turn into when they are adults. I have emailed Trinity of Hope Dog Rescue in Ontario to see if they know of any loving homes looking for a Neo. Hopefully they will have an idea.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Nicole

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 02:40:46 pm »
Well, let me know if there is anything that I can do...I mean, if you can come up with some type of foster in a few weeks, I can keep her until then. I don't really know of any rescues around here...maybe a few...I'll check into it.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 02:55:01 pm »
I have also emailed the Canadian neapolitan mastiff club. They are familiar with all of the neo rescues that are nation wide. Hopefully they will be able to help as well. Derek, you must email them with all of her information, hopefully one way or another a great home can be found.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 03:02:59 pm »
Mind if a crosspost? I go on another pet forum and they do a lot of rescue to, maybe someone on there could help?
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 03:08:34 pm »
The more hands involved in trying to save her is all the better!!! I don't think Derek would mind.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Nicole

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 11:59:14 pm »
So, as I was driving home this evening, I remembered that my mom has friends with Neos. They may be interested or know others who are. Or rescues, etc. I will call my mom tomorrow and check into it. What is her name, Derek?

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 03:50:58 am »
Nicole, that would be awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Derek

• Gnawer
  • She's a Neo Mastiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 07:27:04 am »
To quote two line in my email Leah, "I can not thank you enough for what you are doing.  It breaks my heart to part with her and it will break hers too."
I thank everyone that is assisting me in the matter it warms my heart in
such a dis-heartening situation.

Nicole

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 07:51:15 am »
Hi Derek,
I just called my mom....got her voicemail. So, as soon as she calls me with more info (her friend's phone number) I'll put in a call and let you know. As another option...I said that I'm moving soon (going back to school) and can't have pets. Well, yesterday, I found a wonderful place. Its on a horse farm with tons of land. And the lady loves animals. So, it may be an option.

So, what is the beautiful girl's name? Do you know how she is with cats?

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 08:22:45 am »
Does that mean that you may be adding a new addition to your family???  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge