Author Topic: it's just a ...  (Read 3534 times)

lins_saving_grace

it's just a ...
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:00:27 am »
UTI. 
The blood in the urine started about 3 weeks ago.  i got a urine sample within days of seeing blood coming out.  nothing.  so i took her off her rymidal.  that helped a little.  so today, Grace had an appointment for her booster for a lypo vaccine.  they did a pee test and today the sample showed infection.  we have a bag o' pills and another appointment monday for a recheck.  it's weird that the first test didn't show anything. 
so all is ok.  and i'll have them check her ACL then too.  we so want that thing done and over with soon.

jesday

Re: it's just a ...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »
I don't know how it works in dogs, but I get chronic UTI's. I am so attuned to the symptoms sometimes I'm in the clinic to get the antibiotics I need before it gets too out of hand. Because of this, sometimes there is not enough of the infection to show up in the microscope. Then they do a culture and sure enough, 2 days later, infection. Thanks, by then it's really raging :o.

Point is, maybe when you first noticed it, it was just beginning. Hope Gracie feels better soon. :-*