Author Topic: We may have sold our house - in one day!!  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
We may have sold our house - in one day!!
« on: August 15, 2008, 03:10:45 pm »
We just signed the papers with our listing agent this morning and she brought a potential buyer by this afternoon.

She LOVED it!! She was so happy the house was small because she is "into saving energy" and loved the big backyard 'cause she has a super-cuddly, absolutely-gorgeous Akita mix that I got to love on before she left.

I told her about BPO so hopefully she'll sign up.

She's bringing her husband by in about an hour to see the house so keep your fingers crossed for me!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

Re: We may have sold our house - in one day!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 03:23:13 pm »
WOW!  in this market...that's great.  I sold a house by owner in 3 days once.  Sometimes you just catch the right person at the right time.  I hope her hubby likes it and they sign papers soon.

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:42:27 pm »
My fingers are crossed for you, what great luck so far!  Keep us posted.
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 07:06:01 pm »
BLAH! The agent just called and said the woman decided she wanted to go with new construction and the husband is INSISTING on a garage for his Ducati.

Harumph! Back to the drawing board.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
UPDATE: SOLD!! Re: We may have sold our house - in one day!!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:43:42 am »
They changed their mind!! It's sold!! We'll lose a little bit of money, but I gain peace of mind!

YAY!!! Your good thoughts and well-wishes worked!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 07:56:24 am »
Yay!!!  Congrats!!!!!  You may have lost a bit of $$ now, but it may just equal out in the end if you had to pay your mortgage for a couple of months while you waited for another buyer.  Whew!  What a relief!  :) Time to start packin'!!!!

lins_saving_grace

Re: UPDATE: SOLD!! Re: We may have sold our house - in one day!!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 11:14:46 am »
They changed their mind!! It's sold!! We'll lose a little bit of money, but I gain peace of mind!

YAY!!! Your good thoughts and well-wishes worked!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! That's GREAT news!!! Congrats.  what a big relief.  i'm so happy for you.  you got SO LUCKY!!!!!  Make them dry that ink and get a closing date so they can't back out of it.  tell them that new construction is a P I T A anyway.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 02:58:11 pm »
Congrats!  I wonder what made them change their mind?  Doesn't matter I guess since it worked in your favor.
Whoohoo!

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 06:25:57 pm »
I wonder what made them change their mind? 

I'm going to guess the wife is what made "them" change their minds :D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »
The agent said they were driving around yesterday looking at other houses and ended up on my street. She had told her husband yesterday that the house was "in town". He didn't want a house "in town". I guess he thought that meant "downtown". We're in a nice, quite subdivision. He said, "Oh, this is it. This isn't 'in town'. Let's go see it."

So they came in (to my horror later when I realized I had left my kleenex from my allergy fit I had right before I went to work all over the living room) and he loved it as much as she did.

They offered about $3,000 lower than we were asking, but they are going to pay all closing costs.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 07:53:12 pm »
Tina's right. in this market, people are walking away from houses and going into foreclosure or short sales.  Others are having to come into close with thousands of dollars just to unload a house.  in the days of transfers to get better jobs, houses are the silent victims.  you are so lucky to get your hosue sold (SO QUICKLY for one and within a price so close to what you're asking for).  not every seller can breathe as easily as you can right now. 
Congrats!!! 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 08:13:07 pm »
Oh yeah, $3000 is nothing.  We got our house for $17,000 below asking.   ;D  ;D  But the sellers really wanted out so they were very willing to negotiate.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 08:02:48 am »
Congratulation s! Sounds like a good deal all the way around.  :)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven