Great Danes > Great Dane Discussions

Puppy food

<< < (2/3) > >>

marypyrs:

--- Quote from: MeAndMyMuttz on August 18, 2008, 05:10:20 pm ---thanks thanks thanks!!!

Yes, I plan on getting her off Iams asap. Like I said, It was just a temporary deal so that she had food right now. I have no natural pet food stores here, only chains so I have to order online. I will try looking into Innova and Eagle Pack since both of you have mentioned it. Thanks again!

Valkyrie is only 10 weeks old so she will stay on puppy food

--- End quote ---

You may not have to order online. Check out the sites Julie listed & they will direct you to a Supplier. I live out in the country and rather than driving 35+ miles I go only 12 to our small town & our Groomer who brings in anything I want & ask for.  :) She knows what I need/want. How much. And when.  

By the way. Solid Gold has changed their formula. I fed it for a long, long, time. But no more. Plus, you can pretty much bet that when a company starts distributing to stores like Petco & Petsmart ~ the quality has gone  DOWN!!!! And they're in it for the money - not quality.  :-\

Just my own opinion.

Modified to add ~ you could call Groomers close to you OR some of the up-end Kennels/Boarding Kennels. They often times carry some great foods. They are not always listed on the the food sites.  :)

ruffian:
I feed Gage adult food, he was about 7 months when I got him, and I feed him Acana, which is a Canadian food, and it is made close to where I live so getting it is never a problem.

MeAndMyMuttz:
what about royal canin?

AND do we think petfooddirect. com is the best/cheapest place to buy Innova online? There is no place that sells it near me

KiraNGunnersmom:
www.k9cuisine. com

orders over $50.00 have free shipping

MeAndMyMuttz:
thank you all so much I'm checking into those sites right now. I only want the best for my girl. With Oliver on a home cooked organic diet (which I can't afford for two giant beast dogs) and Abigail lifting her nose at anything but Purina (ugh, I know give me a break, she's crazy) I haven't looked into natural diets for a long long time. And my hubby would probably murder me if I went to expensive :p

thanks again BPOers!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version