Author Topic: Newcomer and proud of my Pyr  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Tobias our Big Boy

• Gnawer
  • Toby is such a gentle giant
    • View Profile
Newcomer and proud of my Pyr
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:48 pm »
Hi,
Just started here today and cannot wait to read more postings and seeing the advice. Our Toby is 6 months new to our family. He is 3/4 Pyrenees and 1/4 Anatolian Shepard. We got him from a woman claiming to be a "breeder" and come to find out her dogs just bred and she didn't even take care of the pups right before selling them. We got him for free, thank goodness we have him. She never took them to the vets and left them in the back field without associating them with anyone, vehicles, or anything. It took him the whole 6 months we have had him to get him unafraid of going on walks or taking a ride in the truck. We have gotten him a volunteer job going to a local nursing home and the residents there love him and wait for him. He is great with my two little boys who are 3.5 and 21mo. There is no other dog I could have asked for. Granted he was a great challenge and stubborn, but with a stern voice and many rewards he responds to hand commands and quick sounds. I look forward to meeting other owners.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:31:33 pm by Tobias our Big Boy »
Tobias (Toby) 1yr 3/4 Pyrenees/ 1/4 Anatolian
2 little boys 3 1/2 yr and 1 1/2 yr

lorim2

Re: Newcomer and proud of my Pyr
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:06:47 pm »
Hi and welcome to BPO.  Your Toby is a beautiful guy!  You will love the friendships and wonderful ppl here.  We have alot of pyr ppl!  I am Lori and I have a small zoo. You can see my crew in my sign below...I see your from Copperas Cove...Great reptile store there! Again welcome and look forward to getting to know you.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:42:12 am »
He is 3/4 Pyrenees and 3/4 Anatolian Shepard.
Since he is so big, I guess it may seem like you have 1 1/2 dogs. ;D
He is beautiful. I would love to get Clifford into some kind of therapy work.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:53:38 pm »
Hello and welcome! Toby is gorgeous. Sounds like he has found a perfect home with you. I adopted my Pyr, Jenny,  from a rescue group last October and just adore her. I also have my Tipper who is a Golden mix, 2 cats, and twin 5 yr old daughters. There are lots of Pyr people on this board with lots of experience. BPO is highly addictive, so watch out!!  ;)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 10:04:21 pm »
Aren't Forever Homes just the best... ;D
Welcome your gonna love it here..I just changed my pic and have the two best friends together..Falk or is the offical Nanny to the newest member of the household Rysa who came to us at two days old..now she is 12 weeks, boy has time whizzed by.

hope you enjoy it here..

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline Tobias our Big Boy

• Gnawer
  • Toby is such a gentle giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 09:31:15 pm »
Yeah, I had to correct Toby's mix. For some reason I put him as 3/4 pyr and 3/4 anatolian..... I'm a dork! Thanks for pointing that out there Clifford!  :D
Thanks for commenting on Toby. He is a great boy our here and is representing our Air Force family great!
Tobias (Toby) 1yr 3/4 Pyrenees/ 1/4 Anatolian
2 little boys 3 1/2 yr and 1 1/2 yr

Offline heartofwisdom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Heart at Home Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 09:34:53 am »
Toby is beautiful. We have a Toby too. Hes our smallest miniature. Welcome lots of pry lovers here.

Our Toby
Robin