BPO Working Dog Forum > Big Dogs with Jobs

Dog Sledding.

(1/3) > >>

London_Pyr_Lover:
Has anybody here ever tried Dog Sledding?  I've been cruising through some sledding sites and it makes me want to move North and get myself a sledding team!  lol

Check out the dogs on this site - I don't know about you, but it makes me want a full lifestyle change, who needs summer time when you could be doing that!

http://www.qimmiq.ca/

People Whisperer:
My friend went to Ely, MN last year and she LOVED it!
She said it's the only place where you don't need a guide with you. They give you a quick workshop (a couple of hours) and you can sled two days in a row. She is going back this year  :)
I am sure it's fun! I bought Lily a sled and can't wait to try it if we ever get snow here   :-\ ::)

London_Pyr_Lover:
I don't know if I would every want to harness up Naja for long trips like that (she's kinda lazy  ::) ;D), I think she'd rather sit in the sled then pull it  ::).  I know that she'd LOVE all the snow, and how great would it be to have all those fluffy, warm, hard working dogs to keep you company on long treks?!  HAHA, I'm already trying to figure out how to convince Mike to want to move to the NW Territories with me!  lmao

Nina:
I went dog sledding in Yellowknife last year and it was so much fun. And the dogs LOVE it. I would do it again. It was super cold (minus 35 celcius) but worth it, and they had the super duper snow suits for us  ;D

Nina

London_Pyr_Lover:

--- Quote from: Nina on August 20, 2008, 09:55:54 am ---I went dog sledding in Yellowknife last year and it was so much fun. And the dogs LOVE it. I would do it again. It was super cold (minus 35 celcius) but worth it, and they had the super duper snow suits for us  ;D

Nina

--- End quote ---

How much did that cost you?  I want to try it.  :D  Did you take your pups for the trip?  Hee Hee Hee!  I'm getting all excited!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version