Author Topic: AGGGHHHHH!!!!! potty training!!!!  (Read 5208 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
AGGGHHHHH!!!!! potty training!!!!
« on: August 09, 2005, 08:30:56 pm »
ok - now I had to chase Willow up the stairs because she has decided not only is it to hot to pee outside it is now raining so she can't possible pee outside......S he bypasses the open sliding door to head for my bedroom to pee....what is the deal?

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: AGGGHHHHH!!!!! potty training!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 08:49:14 pm »
i had the hardest time potty training Sophie. i still dont think she is ready to be out of her crate at night or when im not around.  she has pee'd in front of me too many times that i still dont trust her. she did stop going on her crate but when i was playing with her the other day i though she was going to squat and i jumped up. that scared her and she sat down. not sure if she was going to sit or actually pee but either way i took her out to go potty and she did just that..LOL i took sophie out every hour when i 1st got her. i even slept down stairs so she didnt feel lonely so i slept with her. hehe. ya spoiled! good luck with her.

ANGEL

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 09:27:56 pm »
It is just frustrating!!! Hopefully she will get the hang of it.  I praise her when she goes outside but she doesn't even seem to care about praise..... She is so cute and I love her dearly but I ask myself sometimes "why did I want a puppy?"
TIMMIE

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 11:40:23 pm »
I remember one day in particular when Toester was a pup. I took all five dogs out to go pee. well let me back up first I had to chase them down lock them in the kitchen then put on my shoes and take them out. So we are all standing in the middle of the yard and its pouring down raining and as I'm standing there telling them to "go pee" Toester and Sammie went in to the dog house and laid down. Now that's the ONLY time they have EVER went into those dog houses. so I know that it can be hard but you have to be patient I still don't leave Onyx and Thor alone in the house and they are 7 months old. Onyx has not had an accident in about 5 or 6 months.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 01:15:56 am »
lol too funny..... I think it will get easier once my crate gets here.....

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 07:30:21 am »
Oh I hated potty training. 

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 07:54:25 am »
OH don't  even go there :-X :-\ :-[
Not only is Farleys pointer broken so is his ability to potty train.  We will have a really good day then 6 bad days.  ::)God how I forgot abut the potty training.
Last night at obedience, went much better than last week! They had a pee break. Farley had just gone before we came in so I didn't take him. As soon as the last dog came back in ..he pees on the floor..AHHHHHH H :'(

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 07:57:31 am »
Ohhhh Farley!  Honey!!! 
At least puppy school is going well!  He's making friends?  Having fun?
Just wants to pee on the floor to proove he can.  That's gotta be an important thing to show the teacher. 
Grace was the same way.  just impossible to train...still has an issue once in a while.  But mostly is good.  She was an anxious potty trainer.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 11:43:50 am »
I think the potty training is the only frustrating thing about raising a puppy...  everything else is ok...But the potty training!!!!!!!!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 11:52:33 am »
Well, potty training aside, if it's just the rain that's bothering her you could do what I do with zoey. I bought a big golf umbrella from sports authority and when it is raining, I take zoey out with us - it is big enough to cover us both so we have no wet hair or wet fur
RIP former BPO

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 12:03:17 pm »
I think the potty training is the only frustrating thing about raising a puppy...  everything else is ok...But the potty training!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on that one. I didn't think that Dilbert would ever get it! Now finally at 7 months he got it. I have had him since he was 4wks. Not sure how old your girl is but hang in there. Dilbert will now come and get us when he has to go. So hang in there it will happen.

When we got Harley she was 9 months and seh was potty trained in a week. But she also doesn't like to go potty in the rain either. I have to pick her up and put her outside, not so easy with a 75lbs dog. And even then she will refuse to go. She won't pee in the house but she will hold it all day. So I just bite the bullet and take her out on her leash in the ran, so that she will go potty, and she does.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 02:09:04 pm »
Chazzy is the worst when it rains, just hearing it & if theres thunder FORGET it. I have to go outside with her & tell her "go potty". If I leave them out all day & it rains she will be bone dry (plenty of places to stay dry in my yard) but Apache & Kiya...they will be soaked to the bone.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 03:30:22 pm »
Well so far today we are doing good....course the day is still young....and it is not raining but it is back to being hot...