Author Topic: The easiest dog treats I have EVER made!!  (Read 1272 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
The easiest dog treats I have EVER made!!
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:37:37 pm »
  A friend of mine told me how to make these treats.  SOOO easy,  even I can do it! ;D

Take a can of wet dog food of choice(the minced mushy type works) and refridgerate it till firm,  open both ends of the can and slide out food whole then cut into 1/2 inch slices then cut in half into "moons".
Place on cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees until moisture is gone and they are crisp, about 20-30 minutes.
If they are still moist continue to bake and check every 5 mins or turn off oven and let treats cool completely in oven.

I used wellness core canned,  Next week I will try the wellness fish in the blue can.  My guys love these treats and i dont have to worry about Kira and her skin issues with the wrong grains being in it.  I can even use the senior food or low cal for her.
My friend also mixes in oats with merrick bufffalo grill and processes it in the food processer then makes drop cookies the same way.

Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
Re: The easiest dog treats I have EVER made!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:42:34 pm »
What a great idea, thanks!  I think I'll make some tonight.  I still have some wet food left over from Raja's short lived food strike.
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP