Author Topic: My Vet is "MIA" So....Now What???  (Read 1709 times)

AudgePadge

My Vet is "MIA" So....Now What???
« on: August 26, 2008, 10:21:58 am »
So...Got a little postcard in the mail...

"We're sorry to inform you that Veterinary Dr. *blank* has retired, and his partner Dr. *blank* is relocating to...(too far for me)"  Uh...This guy has been my family vet since I got my first dog at 6!!!

:( I'm sad...now what? My vet practiced integrative medicine-which is SO important to me... (acupuncture, massage, natural supplements... along with western medicine)

How do I go about finding a good vet?  Here in Norco, CA, vet offices are like Starbucks, one on every corner...

Nothing is "wrong" with the dogs, as of yet- but Monty has started to limp a lot, everytime he goes from laying down to standing up and walking...  :-\  My old man... needs some supplements...

So...How do I find a vet? In the past 20 years, I've never had to look for one before...any advice would be helpful!

:)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: My Vet is "MIA" So....Now What???
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:23:32 am »
Maybe contact the partner at the new location and ask if he can reccommend someone in your area? That's what I'd do... He'll know faster than you might who else practices in the way you're looking for. What a bummer, though..
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: My Vet is "MIA" So....Now What???
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:20:04 pm »
I agree to ask your retiring vet to see who he recommends.  I did that with my old vet when we moved here and he recommended someone.  We weren't able to use her b/c she moved to a different office (the one we're using) but she's the overnight emergency vet only.  :(

I also take friend's advice in high regard, esp. those who have had to use the vet often.