Author Topic: Gotta Find a Pet Sitter...Suggestions? (kinda long...but pic included) :-)  (Read 3621 times)

AudgePadge

I'm going to Asia next week... ;D eeek! Very excited...BUT. .. hubs has a 4 day business trip that overlapps my trip... so... :-\  Puppers are going to need care...

I've been on Care.com, looking for a petsitter...ca n't find anyone I like...everyon e has the same story- "I love animals, I have two dogs they are my children" No body wants to take care of the goat... ??? which is weird because he's the low maintenance one...

Usually Care.com has been reliable...but I just had a horrible, horrible experience with a college student-aged pet sitter...  >:( >:( >:( >:(    He didn't show up on time, didn't give Monty his medication, no walks, showed up at 2am bangin on the doors and windows...

(thank goodness my then-roommate's weekend plans fell through, and was able to take care of the pets and report on this kid)

Ramses, being as timid as he is, I'm looking for the perfect someone, perfect FEMALE (he likes the ladies)

And no pet boarding place will accept these three...one is a "pitbull" the other is intact, and the third is a wolf!! If that doesn't say LIABILITY, I don't know what does  :P

I feel like I have this HUGE list of requirements, and no one has impressed me, or seems to know what goes into taking care of the three stooges... I really don't care what it costs (within reason of course) as long as someone understands... :-\  I think Milo is even MORE skeptical about getting a "stranger" to take care of "his boys" He hasn't really said much about it, I think he's hoping a family member will just pop up and say "I'll do it!!!"

So...besides Craigslist (is that even trustworthy?)  and Care.com... any suggestions?

Since, I don't exactly have a vet right now- and we've just moved in about 4 months ago, I'm not sure where to go...

And here they are...
3 Groomsmen of the Apocalypse (sweet home alabama)

Modify: Woops! put in the wrong pic...:)
Here you go...some other ones... Doesn't it make you want to  PUPPY SIT THEM FOR A REASONABLE FEE???  :D  You can sleep on my temperpedic bed! Monty will TOTALLY SHARE with you!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:41:42 pm by AudgePadge »

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
I'd suggest start by calling the large animal vets in your area and ask the receptionist if she/he has a list of people they feel comfortable recommending. Explain you are new to the area and don't know anyone. Generally if someone is confident enough to pet sit large animals they won't blink an eye at a goat and a wolf dog. The vet's office will know which ones were reliable and which ones weren't, their clients will be sure to tell them. Also a good way to scope out the different vets for your personal use. If they're willing to take a little time helping a non-client think how they'll accomodate a paying client! :)
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
heck if I still lived in Ca I would consider it.  ;)
Don't have anything new to add.  Hope you find someone thats trustworthy and reliable.

Offline determined2be

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I suggest you browse the profiles of the pet sitters at the pet sitting directory by city below. Many have photos of how they interact with thei pets in their care - mostly dogs. You can also post a free pet sitter needed ad and they will forward responses to you

Pet Sitters by city directory

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:29:21 pm by determined2be »

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
I jokingly offered to do it on your Facebook page, but I just now realized you're in California,too. Any chance you're somewhere near Santa Rosa? (NorCal) I'd take on your high liability crew any day!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

AudgePadge

I jokingly offered to do it on your Facebook page, but I just now realized you're in California,too. Any chance you're somewhere near Santa Rosa? (NorCal) I'd take on your high liability crew any day!

:( I'm in So Cal...  But if I'm ever up there...I'll definitely drop them off at your place...NO GIVESIES-BACKSIES if their farts clear the house!!!  ;D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
LOL! My daughter can outstink them, I'll bet! She's 9 - she'd sooo love to know I was sharing her personal info with the world!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
She's actually proud of her "abilities" and she is also talented in the area of making fart noises with her hand in her armpit. But, as for the fiance, she says that she's not going to get married so she can have lots of cats. She's going to be the weird old cat lady spinster with a cloud of methane floating ever so gently above her house... I'm so proud!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH A! That's GREAT! It's refreshing to know that today's youth is good at thinking outside the box, isn't it??
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie