Author Topic: Price of Baby Tooth Extraction  (Read 2202 times)

Offline ilovemybabydennett

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Price of Baby Tooth Extraction
« on: August 27, 2008, 08:13:49 pm »
Hi!

Im new to this forum, and new to having a puppy! I have a red siberian husky whose name is Dennett, he is adorable! Anywayz I took him to the vet today and apparently he has a fractured baby tooth which needs to be removed, I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what I should be paying for this, the vet thought it would be something like 500 bucks...which seems crazy to me. any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!

Morgan

Offline ilovemybabydennett

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Price of Baby Tooth Extraction
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:27 pm »
Well the vet estimated 500, she wouldnt be the person to do it but would be referring us to a pet dentist. I am also in Canada so I think it might of been her having no idea how much  it would be...hopefully . I think we will go see the dentist and see what he says and if it is too ridiculous of a price I will get a second opinion, but I dont want to wait too long as the nerves are exposed where the tooth is fractured. Although Dennett doesnt seem to have any problems eating or playing with any of his toys. thanks for the feedback though.

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 02:01:00 am »
Our vet has one set fee for spays and neuters. When I had my last dog neutered I had 2 baby teeth pulled. It was $10 to pull a tooth while he was already under.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:32:37 am »
Miles had to have a baby tooth pulled. He was neutered at the same time. I think it was like 60 dollars to pull it since he was already under. Apparently they can be a bit time consuming to extract because they have very long roots, according to my vet. Maybe it will be easier though if his adult teeth haven't starting coming in yet. I think 500 is outrageous for such a procedure!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees