Author Topic: My poor Ellie is going back to the vet *UPDATE - PART 2*  (Read 13541 times)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: My poor Ellie is going back to the vet *UPDATE - PART 2*
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 12:42:06 am »
We'll be crossing all fingers and paws here that the blood work shows good news.  Not the same thing at all, but we almost lost one of our kitties to liver disease Labor Day weekend '07 and in our case after 11 months of syringe feeding him, he's eating entirely on his own & doing great now.  I don't know anything about copper issues or liver problems with dogs, but we were told that at least in cats, that the liver has amazing abilities to regenerate itself given the right conditions.  Thankfully, that turned out to be true for our kitty.  Again, I don't know any specifics about what you & Ellie are facing, but I just wanted to encourage you to keep trying.  We honestly thought that we were about to lose our kitty when an on-call vet had the suggestion that pulled him through.  I'll be hoping for the best for Ellie, too.  ((hugs)) to both of you.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 02:05:59 am »
Okay - I really am losing it... it appears I read the analysis for the Innova senior food incorrectly... I read the wet instead of the dry... and the senior dry isn't as low as the regular dry... so there goes that theory of a mix. It is back to researching foods...  oh my head is spinning.

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 06:23:46 am »
Hows Ellie today?
Sending some healing vibes Ellie's way and some "mind-clearing" vibes your way! You will find whats best for her!
Big Hugs and Kisses XOXOXO
Adrienne & Titan

AudgePadge

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 12:46:44 pm »
XOXO Rachel...

*a little prayer for Ellie*  :-*

Keep us posted