Author Topic: Michael Vick Dogs Last night  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Michael Vick Dogs Last night
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:11:34 am »
Hi,

Did anyone watch the Special on his dogs,

Kind of sensationalise d and too much on the negative in my eyes but BOY was i happy with the result of the dogs that went to the public!!

One put down for agression issues ;-( one put down for Medical issues but 17 re-homed ;-) and 1 even licensed as a therapy dog WAHOOOO  ;D ;D

What did those of you who watched think?
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Nicole

Re: Michael Vick Dogs Last night
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:05:42 pm »
I didn't see it, but I just wanted to say that Stella? You should write movie reviews. That was an excellent synopsis and I almost feel as if I did see it! :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 02:10:36 pm »
I saw it when it played on Sun.
I agree with Stella but she says it so much better........ ......lol.

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 02:30:48 pm »
Hi,

I see it less as defending Vick's childhood but a bit more of a reflection on how Dog fighting came to be accepted in poorer communities (for lack of a better term)!

Even his (Vicks) sorry attempt at an apology, showed he understood he made poor decisions and choices and that he should have known better.

I feel bad for the guy who lost his job, but if Mike was JOE Blow he would have never gone to jail and wouldn't have paid the fines and sanctuary fee's.

The whole "industry" still would be underground and we never would have had an "animal Witness" documentary on dog fighting.

So there is a bit of a silver lining as the 100 million dollar man is in Jail and now and bankrupt for his own stupidity.

The world in general is a little more knowledgeble on the atrocity too
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:18:03 pm »
I haven't watched it.  But I will say that it doesn't have a thing to do with WHERE Vick grew up but the fact the he wasn't taught any respect for anything.  And as to his apologies, which I saw when all this was first going on, those apologies don't mean squat...they were simply something his lawyer told him would be good PR.  The only thing that man is sorry for is the fact that he's not playing football and he lost his money.  OK, tangent over!!

I did read some articles about the dogs that were saved, kudos to all those people!!!  Job well done!  And the one that  became a therapy dog, they should go on tour!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix