Author Topic: New member with Sapphire  (Read 17977 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: New member with Sapphire
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 10:08:42 am »
To resize a file in photoshop:Go to IMAGE >image size, that will open an options box, you'll want to make your picture 72 dpi and then type in the width 420 pixels or 360 pixels, I wouldn't go any larger than 420. Also to get the best possible quaility with the compression the resampled image should be Bicubic Sharper. Then save your file again with the save as> under FILE, give it a new name and make sure it is a jpeg then when the jpeg options window opens set the quality no higher than 8. Easy as pie lol!! Here's some screen shots.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 10:16:41 am »
wow!  What beautiful doggies!  Welcome to BPO...you'll love it here!  Thanks for sharing the photos!   :)

Jessica and Sasha

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 11:03:54 am »
Thank you very much for the advice, acrevolt.  Here are those pictures.  (BTW, the chewie is a dental one, not rawhide.)

Sofia
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 11:51:44 am by Good Hope »

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 11:07:17 am »
No problem, happy to help!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 11:22:58 am »
Well, they only are coming up one at a time for me.   ::)

That one was of Sapphire shortly after we got her.  It was taken on June 15th, so she was about 3 months old.

This picture includes both dogs, taking a quick break from playing.

Sofia
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 11:49:41 am by Good Hope »

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 11:29:30 am »
This is the last one, taken on July 10th.  She has really grown!

Sofia

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 01:49:43 pm »
Another great way to compress your images with photoshop, but still retain some good clarity is to use the "Save for Web" function.

Sapphire is gorgeous, and I think Gucci can be a honorary Big Paw, as she plays so nicely (and matches so well! :D) with Sapphire!

Welcome!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 06:11:18 pm »
Sofia.... your dogs are beautiful. And your eskimo dog, well he could pass for a big pawed dog, you cant tell from that pic  ;D

If you click on additional options when you post you get the attachment line up, then click on "more attachments" and youll get another line up where you can attach more pics, keep doing that until youre done. you can attach several pics in one post.

Welcome to BPO by the way, I am sure youll love it here

marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 07:12:56 pm »
Hello Sophia!  I am so glad you and your family decided to join BigPaws!  Sapphire sure is growing fast, she is very beautiful, her face reminds me so much of her mother Beauty!  Everyone was so helpful in assisting you in resizing your photo's!  This is a wonderful site.  I love it here!  I usually check and post a few times a day when off work, and try at least once when working like today...I look forward to seeeing moreo f Sapphire, I will have to show Myrissa where this is at so you and she can chat more!  She speaks very highly of you!  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 07:34:27 pm »
 :D hi Sophia this is Myrissa how are you I finally figured out how to get to the site:) lol you said bigpaws.com but it was bigpawsonly so.... I was quiet confused!! for all of you that have met my mom I am her 12 yr old daughter Myrissa :) hi ;D OMG she is so big I hope you figure out how to size down those pics I would love to see that silly one :) or just send it to me if that'll work! :D
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 01:13:58 pm »
 :D Hi sophia this is Myrissa how is sapphire are you going to change her name soon?? or are you keeping it sapphire? by the way me and my mom just loved her register name it made me feel better when she left! I miss her alot but its alright now! :) ;)
Storm Jameson