Author Topic: So embrassed . . .  (Read 5410 times)

Offline apple25

• Ankle Biter
  • Petra - my beautiful Bouvier!
    • View Profile
So embrassed . . .
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:41:12 pm »
My puppy popped inside the vet's office.  I didn't even see her squat - we were getting ready to leave and she got busy.  I was in shock - there wasn't even enough time to stop her - 5 secs max and out it came.  The vet was very kind about it and said it wasn't the first time but still - we have been working really hard on not going in the house.

Does anyone else have embrassing moments at the vet?  (It would mak me feel better to know that I am not alone  ;D ;D ;D).

By the way - she is 31.5 pounds at 16 weeks.  Any ideas how big she'll be when she is all done growing???

Offline Kayli-n-Murphy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: So embrassed . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:22:30 pm »
Wellll, four years ago when my girl was a puppy and I took her to the vet I stooped down to scoop her up and MY jeans ripped from the back pocket down about 4 inches. Luckily no one was in the room when it happened and it was winter so I had my coat on and I think it covered it but I was soooo embarressed I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I will never buy Old Navy jeans again. That was like the third pair and they all ripped by the back pocket, but never like that.  :o

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 02:14:02 pm »
If it helps any, I know that my pups find the display racks in the vet's waiting room to be simply fascinating!  They could sniff them by the hour, so I assume that it's not uncommon for pups to go potty at the vet's office, even for the grown up dogs.  So, I wouldn't worry for a second!  ;)  Your little babe is so little & cute that everything they do is adorable at that age!   ;D  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:45:45 pm »
apple - I can't top a pup that "popped" at the vet!!

(I'm sorry - I'm teasing you in fun because of your cute and funny typo! You did mean "pooped", right? Your puppy didn't actually explode?? ;D ;))
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Gentian

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 02:47:58 pm »
As someone who worked as a vet tech for a long time, believe me when I say that nothing your dog could do would be all that surprising. I've been peed on, pooped on, had my leg mounted...and every surface on the clinic was probably marked or pooped on/near at some point.

When they say it's not the first time and won't be the last, they mean it.

My funniest, working there:

Once I was sitting on the edge of the exam table holding a puppy up in a human sitting position so the vet could look at his tummy, and the pup peed on me. Since my lap and hers were lined up, it totally looked like I peed myself.

I used to bring my son to work. It was a small family-oriented practice. My son was potty trained enough that he could go by himself, and in the middle of a waiting room full of clients, he came out of the restroom with the pants and underwear around his ankles and asked me to wipe his butt.  :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:49:17 pm by Gentian »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 03:06:56 pm »
Ali, you cracked me up!  LOL!   ;D

Gentian, I just bet that there wasn't a glum face left in that waiting room after your son made his ummmm... appearance.   ;D   ;D   ;D   When my baby brother was potty training he seemed to always have to go potty half way through dinner.  He'd go to the bathroom by himself and then yell (and I do mean YELL, that kid had lungs!   ;D  ::)), "I'm Frough" (through) until some poor person had to leave their dinner to go wipe him.  Ugh, sometimes being a big sister wasn't all it was cracked up to be.  Tee hee, bad play on words.  ;)  Ok, sorry to jack the thread, back to your regularly scheduled embarrassing vet moments.   :D  :D   
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 03:19:40 pm »
yeah, believe me, it was not the first or last time a dog will have pooped in the office.

At the first vet clinic i worked for I ran down an escapee out of the exam room.  Picked him up (terrier i think) and he peed all down the front of my scrubs (he reaaaallly had to go!).  Since the day had just started I needed a chance of clothes.  But all the replacement scrubs were all XXL and I wear medium.   :-\  Luckily the pants were drawstring.  But I had to paperclip the front together so I wouldn't be flashing anyone.  ::) Couldn't find any safety pins.   :P  But it's all part of the job and didn't even compare to some of the things that happened to me when I worked at a zoo.   ::)  ::)

My dogs have never gone at the vets but Nigel when in potty training mode did try and mark at petco once (took only once to tell him that wasn't accepted).  And at a PetExpo with hundreds of people around, Posey left a little pile at one of the booths.   :-[

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:22:57 pm »
Haven't had one poop in the Vets office yet, but, Maple always pees all over when the Vet examines her.  She's fine with the Tech's touching her, but, no matter which of the 3 Vets in the office start to examine her, she pees.  This last time they had me hold her at a "stand" so the Vet could see something at her back end, and when the Vet touched her, she peed, straight back at about knee height~!   :-[  I'd never seen projectile pee before, but, you can bet the Vet won't do that again.
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 03:45:51 pm »
We have had poo at the vets before. Surprise surprise it was Puck. He did it a few different times. It was just one little turd that would slip out...lol

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 06:30:49 pm »
Grace has never pooped at the vet, but she does get fixed on the purses behind the counter.  She shoots into the office and races around the corner behind the counter and starts stuffing her head into purses and trash cans.  She's tried to break into the bags of kibble they have on display. 
I'm sure your vet has seen it a million times.  I wouldn't think about it too much.

Offline apple25

• Ankle Biter
  • Petra - my beautiful Bouvier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 06:53:05 pm »
Yep - a bit of a typo . . .I did notice it after I posted it, but wasn't sure how to edit a post.  Thanks for sharing all your stories - it does make me feel better.  I guess the moral is to carry bags everywhere you go!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 06:59:57 pm »
Yep - a bit of a typo . . .I did notice it after I posted it, but wasn't sure how to edit a post.  Thanks for sharing all your stories - it does make me feel better.  I guess the moral is to carry bags everywhere you go!!!

I carry bags with me all over.  Grace is a poop machine.

Offline Berner_Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • My fur-kid, Tucker, at 16 months.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 08:01:18 am »
LOL, good thread to read!

Tucker has not (knock on wood) pooped at the vets office, but he did poop on the last day of Puppy school, in the middle of the "graduation" class, after attending all 8 weeks of classes, 1 hour per week completely poop-free!  He was the ONLY puppy who didn't have an indoor accident, we were so proud, and then in the middle of our graduation "lap" around the obstacle course (proving just how well trained and focus our puppies had become) he squatted right in the middle of a hoola hoop he was walking over and pooped!

I have never heard so many people gasp at one time.  Poor Tucker, he was really embarassed.  Luckily we got our diploma anyway.  ;)
Sarah
Mom to daughter, McKenna,
With us for 40 weeks, 1 day
Silently Born Into Eternity
on May 27, 2007

Mom to fur-kids:
Tucker, 16 months, BMD
Echo, 6 years, Siamese
Simba, 2 years, Orange Tabby
Mom to one reptile-teenager,
Trevor, 16 years, red-eared slider turtle

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 08:17:30 am »
HAHAHA!  These are really funny!  Ok, here's mine!  Champ is NOTORIOUS for pooping at very inopportune times.  His favorite is to decide that he needs to poop when crossing very busy streets during rush hour. Then, just last week, we were walking on this trail that used to be an old train track.  It gets super busy with bicycle riders that *think* they're training for the dang Tour de France and roller bladers that are a bit of egomaniacs.  Well, don't you know that Champ decides to pop a squat right in the middle of the trail with everyone whizzing by.  To make matters worse....let's just say that Champ's "stuff" isn't exactly firm right now! Yuck!!!

So embarrassing.. ..but more embarrassing for them- they always look so darn vulnerable, the poor little things!! lol!

lorim2

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 09:11:36 am »
The one time I remember was also in training class.  Marley was like 3 months old and already weighing 40lbs and he decided to poop in the middle of the training ring in the middle of Petsmart.  OMG it was freaking huge and needless to say, the class went on a break because it smelled soooo bad...Marley was like..Where is everyone going?  as we stayed behind to scoop up this huge mess!...More recently though, Bindi has decided its really cool to poop in the floor of petsmart, which is something she has never done...The bad thing here is that when we take Bindi in there she always has a huge crowd around her!  Boy does she know how to work the crowd! :o