Author Topic: Wacky Walk'r  (Read 5482 times)

Offline MarleyPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Marley - Pyr & Jasmin - BMD
    • View Profile
Wacky Walk'r
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:34:05 pm »
I have been checking out this leash the wacky walk'r...they have a double leash version. Anyone have one? Would love a review..
https://wackywalkr.websitesource.net/
Carolyn
Carolyn
1 Great Pyr 2yrs
1 Berner pup

Casselman,Ontario
Canada

jesday

Re: Wacky Walk'r
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:10:07 pm »
I got the wacky walkr coupled version for Sophie and Syrus to walk them in a public park with a little more control. They were still only 6 months old at the time and I got the longest anticipating their growth. The trouble was they were still able to cross behind each other.You can not adjust the length. They didn't get tangled up but kept pulling one or the other over. The rubber band effect kept them pretty springy. Plus my kids are a bit clutzy to begin with.

I found better control with each harnessed and individual flex leashes. I could reign them in when needed or just cross the handles in my hands when letting them out to full extent and they crossed each other's path.

I don't know how the wacky walker would do with a single dog.

Hope this helps a little. :)

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:43:24 pm »
Have any of you seen these kind?
http://www.xtremepetproducts.com/

They have an area that stretches, but it is covered in rope so it only stretches so far.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:59:45 am »
I second the harness.  When Grace was younger she pulled and was all over the place.  I found a lot of control using a harness.  Because it wraps around their shoulders and chest, they are less apt to pull since the bulk of their pulling strength is in the front.  a collar and leash doesn't stop the pulling.  I've even had to use the harness as recently as last year when we first moved into a high traffic area (with people not cars).  Grace needed to be retrained in her manners around people since no one wants a rott racing at them.  A leash and collar didn't stop the pull.  the harness always gave me more control of her movements.