Author Topic: Hong Kong & Tokyo or BUST!!!  (Read 2526 times)

AudgePadge

Hong Kong & Tokyo or BUST!!!
« on: August 01, 2008, 11:39:16 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AHHH You have NO idea how giddy I am!!! I just booked my flight to Hong Kong for my brother's wedding (his fiance is Cantonese) then after a few days with the fam, I'm flyin to Tokyo to visit my friend who moved out there to become a teacher!

The best part is, I'm traveling all by myself... So that means I get to spend my $$ how I want, go SHOPPING, sight seeing...every thing... Eeek! I haven't gone anywhere by myself in a LONG time... :)  And the second Best part---the ticket was only $949 (taxs & charges incl)  That's such a great deal!

I leave Sept 4th--*gasp* SO little time! WTH do I pack? I've never been to Hong Kong or Tokyo...so anyone that's been...help me out here...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Hong Kong & Tokyo or BUST!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:44:47 pm »
I have a good friend who is from Hong Kong. I'll ask her for some travel tips and get back to you. I'm very jealous!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 11:31:44 am »
I was just in Hong Kong a little over a year ago. It's been many years since I was last in Tokyo. Bring good walking shoes. In Hong Kong you do a lot of walking to shop and go to restaurants. Make sure you take the Star Ferry in Victoria Harbour. It's meant as a shuttle from one side to the other. It's only about 70 cents and you don't have to get off at the other side, just take it round trip and it's a nice boat ride. There aren't really any great bargains there just lots of stuff you don't see at home. I did get my dog a really cute coat at Stanley Market, picture below.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 07:19:48 pm »
How exciting!!!  What interesting places to visit.  Minus the long flight across the ocean, that would be a major fun trip.  I hope you take a ton of pics.

AudgePadge

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:40:39 am »
Ok ya'll...I'm at LAX now... Eeeeek! Flight takes off in an hour or so....here we go!

Will be takin LOTS of photos, and will try to get online while I'm there...we'll see....

Anyway au revoir! Will miss u guys!!!