Author Topic: Peace! We're Outta Here!!  (Read 11273 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Peace! We're Outta Here!!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 03:44:35 pm »
Yup. I'm getting reports from people back in Houma and it's not sounding too good, but the bright side (if there is one) is that it doesn't sound like there has been much flooding.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 04:35:02 pm »
I think it is mostly through Houma by now. Looks like it's hitting Baton Rouge now.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 05:43:28 pm »
I just saw the news and they were showing Morgan City and showed some scenes from Houma.  They aren't letting anyone back into Houma until at least 1pm tomorrow.  It looks like the tail end of it has moved out of Houma. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 07:00:27 pm »
Hi Jeanne,  I've been away from the computer for a few days, but jsut read the post.  I'm super happy that you, hubby, and the pets are all safe, and I'm hoping that the store and the house are in good condition when you get to go back. 

Best wishes!
Alex
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 07:01:40 pm »
Also best wishes for the other BPOers who are in the paths of these storms.  May you all stay safe, dry, and healthy!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 08:30:09 pm »
I see Gustov is only a category 1 now and was only a 2 when it hit.  Looks like New Orleans got off a lot easier than when Katrina hit.  Any news about home yet?  Hope you didn't get too damaged, but glad you left in time.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 01:17:40 am »
Jeanne, I'm glad that you and your loved ones are safe & sound in San Antonio.  I hope that everyone else on BPO in Gustov's path is doing fine and that when you get back to Houma that your home and all are fine, too.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 06:15:03 am »
Phewww I am soooo glad you guys are safe!! We were in cottage country all weekend and I was unable to post some best wishes! So Happy you are safe and praying that your homes are just as dry as you guys are!!  ;)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 06:22:30 am »
I'm glad you got out ok!!!  I woke up yesterday to the tornado sirens before dawn, which is extremely unusual for Mobile!!  There were 120 tornado warnings (?) for this area yesterday and they continue this morning!  Other than that my backyard is a swamp!  What is it about dogs that they hate baths but will charge through some mud!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 11:25:36 am »
I'm very grateful everyone around Gustav's path is OK. 120 tornado warnings?? That crazy!!

I just saw that we are not allowed to go back to Houma until Friday afternoon at the earliest.

I am sooo stressing out 'cause I don't know what my house looks like or what the store looks like and I can't get ahold of anyone that's in the area.

Deeeep Breaths
Wine
and Ice cream
That's what I need...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 12:22:54 pm »
I just heard that the store is OK. The awning that was above it is gone and there must be some roof damage because there were several wet spots on the ceiling and some water on the floor, but definitely recoverable.

One load off my mind. Now, if I could just find out about my house...

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 12:48:31 pm »
What about the Schnauzer?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 01:13:07 pm »
What about the Schnauzer?
. She didn't evacuate so hopefully she kept him safe

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 02:11:57 pm »
The word for the day is: AAAARRRGGGHH!!

I am soooo bored!! I did find out my house looks like it's OK - at least from the front. The power is still out everywhere and will likely be out for the rest of the week and longer.

Aaron has his manager conference for GameStop in Vegas starting Sunday so we won't be able to go back home until after next week so I need to find someone who can go to my house and clean out my fridge before it's declared a disaster area!!

That's my only real worry right now. We got really lucky. The fast food place right next to my store had all it's windows blown out and there are 100-year-old trees down in our neighborhood. I'm very grateful they didn't fall on my house.

There is someone on this list from San Antonio and I can't find your email you sent me. If you read this can you PM me please?