Author Topic: Gosh, Another prayer request  (Read 2397 times)

jesday

Gosh, Another prayer request
« on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:48 am »
I received the following email from Patty's (AKA Yellow Dog Mom)daughter. She may not be able to read, much less respond to her email at this time, but I'm sure all of us at BPO would want to send our love and support and wish her a speedy recovery. Perhaps some PM's that she could read later. I can't imagine the pain she must be in, not only physically, but emotionally as well.

"Hi everyone,

For those of you who don’t know who I am, my name is Amy, and I’m Patty's daughter.  She asked me to email you all and let you know the current happenings in her life, and why none of you have heard from her.  On Monday, two of her dogs got into a fight.  Being the dog lover that she is, she tried her hardest to break them up, but unfortunately got badly bit in the process.  Her right forearm was bit, and a very large chunk of skin was ripped out.  My sister Monica luckily was very near and rushed home and called 911.  Paramedics came, medicated her and stabilized her, and she went to the hospital.  We learned there that not only was the bite too torn up and too deep to stitch, but they can’t stitch animal (or human) bites ever, for fear of infection.  So she was bandaged up very well, put in a brace and a sling, and sent home with lots of painkillers.

They made an appointment at The Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Clinic for yesterday, and I took her to that appointment.  They agreed with the emergency room’s treatment plan, and simply cleaned and irrigated her wound, then redressed it, telling us that unfortunately there wasn’t much more they could do.  She has to go back every other day for the next two weeks to have it cleaned and redressed.  The doctor said after that time, we should be able to clean it and dress it at home.

She is on a very heavy antibiotic, as well as a VERY strong pain medication.  She is not able to talk on the phone or answer emails, so she asked me to do it for her until she’s able to.  I will be happy to forward any messages to her as well, and certainly will update you all if there are any changes.

Thank you all for your concern,

Amy"

lookingfornewf

Re: Gosh, Another prayer request
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 04:23:47 pm »
I hope Patty heals well without any complications and is better soon.
I hope it's not too horrible to ask, how are the dogs?

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 04:32:53 pm »
Big hugs or light pats on the unhurt shoulder.  I hope your mom feels better soon.  I hope Patty and her pups are all feeling better and well soon. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 11:31:33 pm »
OM  Please add me to the list of those praying for her to get well soon..

It sounds horrible...

I hope things turn around quickly for all of you..Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 09:57:44 am »
Oh my goodness.

Gosh I hope Patty is better really soon.  Poor thing must be hurting both physically and emotionally right now.  I'm sending all my best thoughts and happy, healing vibes your way Patty.  Get better really soon.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 10:15:16 am »
I am so sorry, what an awful experience.  :'(  I hope that Patty heals quickly and that everything improves soon.  You'll all be in my thoughts!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees