Author Topic: Carting  (Read 2426 times)

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Carting
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:28:31 am »
Edie LOVES her new cart- she just beams when we go to hook up and can't stop wagging her tail.  Its surprising how much she has enjoyed from the very first time but it is the highlight of her day!

lookingfornewf

Re: Carting
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:06:24 am »
Edie looks so happy. I would love to get Clifford to do some carting. How old is Edie? How young can you start them as long as there is little weight to pull. Did you make the cart or where did you get it from?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:43:00 am »
Awwwe, that is so cute!
I too was wondering where you got that from or if you made it yourself.
I would love to get something like that just for fun for Gunther.  People always say I should have him pull Nigel and Posey around in one..........l ol.  He is a "horse" after all.   ::)  ::)  :P

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:37:59 pm »
A person in Texas made it- Charlotte Bascomb - she has been active in carting for many years.  Oleysa may have her email address.  Very well balanced it also is easy to dismantle for transport in your car! 

Edie is now 2 1/2 she started when she was about 18 months- nothing too strenuous or heavy- just for fun and she LOVES it. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:44:23 pm »
awwwww.  that makes me want to climb in and go for a ride.  That would actually be pretty cute at XMas.  A little red cart decorated for the holidays with a baby inside.

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 05:25:59 am »
Eventually we plan on doing that  I also have a larger cart which I will use to do team drafting  If not toomuch rain this weekend Edie will next take that cart for a spin and I'll post more pics!