Author Topic: What commands does your Big Paw know?  (Read 8433 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: What commands does your Big Paw know?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 09:00:45 am »
I love that Meatloaf is a "Child Safety Officer", gotta love the big paws!!

One of his commands is 'watch Scarlet'.
He'll follow her, lie down next to her when she sits down, nudge her away from water, strangers and roads, and he won't leave her until I come back to take her away.
When she was a toddler she used to have overalls with a strap on the back, and he'd pick her up by the strap and carry her away from 'danger'.
It was sweet to see her dangling from this big dog's mouth, little legs peddling at the air, giggling and squealing "Pu' me dow' Meatie!".
She used to run towards the road just to get him to chase her and carry her.

OMG!!! That is hillarious!! Oh, please say you have pictures of that!!! I want to see!!  ;D ;D ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 09:00:54 am »
Breeze currently knows....
Go get a pop (open fridge, get pop shut fridge) Sit, come, Heel and Down (in english, german and by hand),stay, stand, flip the hip, Roll over, Dead dog, high five, high ten, rear, look pretty, find it, fetch, drop it, wait, go (one lap around the yard), get dog, leave it, back up and the name of all her toys.

May...Sit, Down, Stand, Come, heel, spin, leave it...Shes a simple mind so I don't ask much of her  ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:01:41 am by VdogLover »

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 10:36:10 am »
I still want to see a picture of Meatie carrying a two year old, but I can't really participate in the thread! Sadly, my pups only claim to fame is "sit" and "leave" it. Tani has learned "sit, down, stay" and I walk away and lay a treat on the floor. Then she waits like a good girl until I say "OK come get it!" then she races up and gobbles her treat. I think it's a cool trick, but not compared to all the fancy stuff the other BPO pups can do!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Icerotti

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 05:50:36 pm »
Puck knows sit, stay, back, shake both paws, poke it, take it, wait, down,come.

Rosie knows nothing but trouble...lol She knows stay , sit,down, come-not really reliable  ::) She is like the 3rd forgotten child-- ;)

Farley knows get out of the pantry,leave it,sit stay,come,down,lets go for a ride either car or if we are at the pool he will go on the raft or the boogie board. He knows up,stop it.

I am sure I am missing some but thats it for now.
WOW I guess I have some work to do with Rosie...hehehe e
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:52:21 pm by Icerotti »

lookingfornewf

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 08:44:32 pm »
I am sure I could teach both my dogs to go get a pop to bring to me. The BIG BIG problem I would have with that is once they know how to open the fridge how do you ever keep food in there again? ::)

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 09:17:36 pm »
I am sure I could teach both my dogs to go get a pop to bring to me. The BIG BIG problem I would have with that is once they know how to open the fridge how do you ever keep food in there again? ::)

LOL...I can say I have never had a fridge raider after teahing this trick. Then again if never taught it to my old Coon Hound.