Author Topic: What have your BP's taught you?  (Read 3756 times)

jesday

What have your BP's taught you?
« on: September 07, 2008, 06:58:53 pm »
Syrus taught me that anything in any kind of wicker basket are his toys, not just the toys in his toy basket. Mail, newspapers, rolls of toilet paper, if it's in wicker, must be his to shred. ::)

Sophie taught me that dogs can't fly. I still have a few stickers in my fingers trying to get them all out of her fur after she sailed over the bank into the thicket chasing that elusive butterfly. :o

Chili taught me when the boy's gotta go, the boy's gotta go. One bark at the door is all I get. If I'm too late then it's the new carpet downstairs. Never neglect the king. :-\

All three have taught me to never, ever abuse the trust, loyalty and love they give me everyday. To do that would be to cut out a huge part of my heart. :-* :-*   

lins_saving_grace

Re: What have your BP's taught you?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 07:03:08 pm »
That is so sweet. 

Grace has taught me patience and unconditional love and devotion. 

She has taught me not to take for granted the love we have and to tell her I love her more than once a day because tomorrow may not be there when I wake up.   She has taught me to stop and sniff once in a while and take the time to appreciate the garbage on the ground.  She has taught me that the outside of things is just that and to find what's in the middle. 

I'm sure there's much more, but I think I got the big stuff.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:51:46 pm »
Clifford has taught me
to close the bathroom door if I don't want to share my toothbrush,
to put bread away in the cabinet and not on a high shelf if I don't want him to eat it
to wash the pans after cooking if I don't want him to pull them off the counter and bring them into the bedroom to lick clean
to put the toilet lid down if I don't want the seat to be wet next time from him drinking out of it.
and
that no matter how busy I am there is always time to take a few minutes time out to go play chase, fetch, etc. or just to have a big pet and love session before getting back to work.

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 08:22:29 am »
Titan has taught me....

To enjoy early mornings and late nights.

To love comming home from work regardless of what the kitchen looks like or how much laundry there is to do!

To enjoy walking and talking with the neighbours without "Mr. Social".... I would have never met the great people I walk with everynight.

No matter what mood I am in he is ALWAYS happy to see me... and that makes me feel really good about myself!

I have ALL the time in the world to sit on the floor with him and hold his bone while he chews away.... and we can stop only when he ready ;)

Last but not least....  Titan has taught me that I my life is not complete unless he is in it!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:24:27 am by Apreston »

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:03:38 am »
ALL my pets have taught me that life is too short to worry about animal hair on the baby's clothes! I was such a spaz about it when my first child was a baby. My subsequent kids wore animal hair like a badge of honor!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 05:38:59 pm »
Wow, the above is really good.

*My guys have taught me that there really is no limit to insanity...lol

* Anything left on the  counter is fair game. This includes loaves of breads, buns and yes even steaks that are waiting to be put on the BBQ.

*If one dog is barking, the others must show their support even if they have NO idea what they are barking at. Its all about solidarity.

*It is possible to dig carpet up in under 5 min.

*Pantry doors must remain closed at all times or raids will occur.

*Rain makes you giddy after being outside in it.

*Dogs can be allergic to tomatos

*It is possible to shred cardboard boxes into micro pieces, that will keep reappearing for months on end.

*You can be a big pain the _ $$  but still be totally loved.

*Most of all they taught me about the true meaning of unconditional friendship and love.  :-*  :-*  :-*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:41:42 pm by Icerotti »

jesday

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 10:56:25 am »
I also learned not to put away clean dishes from the dishwasher while bubs are in the house. Many times they want to make sure the dishwasher didn't miss anything. Human house occupants tend to look down upon this practice. ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:44 pm »
*No matter what one has, what the other one has is always better

*No matter how hard one tries, a rat terrier will never notice a great dane air humping them.

*That size does not matter when it comes to love (Posey is in love with Gunther....... even more so now that she's in heat  ::)  ::) )

*That visitors are to be rejoiced and given far more attention than one could possibly imagine.

*That it only takes a few seconds to destuff a toy

*That if your back is turned, something will happen (ie: be destroyed)

*That if it is quiet in the house......... something is wrong.

*That birdseed is a delicacy to be enjoyed by all (except Gunther who doesn't partake)

*That it is much better to stand on a muddy patch than grass

*That people love to see big dogs walking down the street

*That all people (or their parents/grandparents), at some point in their life owned or bred great danes.

*That there is nothing that makes me happier than coming home to them after a hard day at work.

Offline CadillacQueen

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 04:31:26 pm »
MeatLoaf has taught me not to buy my daughter any toy that looks like a snake.
He hates snakes and anything that resembles a snake {including those funny things you use to block the bottom of doors} will be tossed around and torn to ribbons.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 08:27:24 pm »
How to replace a chewed up windowsill.

That a pappsan cushion contains 4 large hefty bags worth of stuffing.

That Prell really is concentrated.

How to remove vegetable oil from carpet.

That your true friends will eat a pumpkin pie even knowing that you removed a piece that had dog lick on it! 

No Christmas party is complete until someone marks the tree!

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us