Author Topic: I live in Anxietyville  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
I live in Anxietyville
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:11:15 am »
Are you kidding me?

I just checked the National Hurricane Center's website and Ike is forecasted to head right where Gustav just hit on the day we were planning to go back and get all of our stuff.

Houma still has no power, and isn't expected to be fully restored until Oct. 1.

We found an awesome apartment here in San Antonio, but all of our furniture, clothes, personal belongings, dishes, etc., is still back in Houma. We were going to drive in on Friday and load up, then drive to Lake Charles (about 3 hours west of Houma), rest and come back to San Antonio.

But, now, Ike is bearing down on south Louisiana, too.

I'm never going to be able to sleep in my own bed again.

WAAAAAAHHH!!!

I start work at my new store in San Antonio on Monday and Aaron left for his manager's conference this morning. My stomach is already in knots and I don't know how I'm going to concentrate for the next week.

Someone please send me some calming, meditation exercises - or some adult beverages...
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

DenverFurKiddos

Re: I live in Anxietyville
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:37:36 am »
I am so sorry you're going through this!!!!  What awful timing!  I hope that everything works out for you soon!

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 11:20:58 am »
Well you knowt they say everything happens for a reason so just go with that and see where it takes you.  Everything will work out and your gonna love San Antonio!  By the way, I am coming down on the weekend of Oct 11 so maybe we can meet up for a beer on the riverwalk!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:25:45 am »
lori -

Absolutely! Please make sure to remind me. Are you bringing the dogs?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 11:27:34 am »
I wish I could but I am coming for a surprise bday party for my friends kiddo.  He is turning 18, so probably not a good idea!  Next time I will...Promise!

By the way, I have been watching the hurrican track and hopefully you guys will get a break from this one.  It almost looks like its gonna hit the tx coast...Watch out Kat!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:35:27 am »
Hopefully for Houma, Ike WILL hit TX, but that still means I won't be able to drive in to get my stuff next weekend. My furniture right now consists of a 50-year-old full-size mattress and box spring, 2 plastic patio chairs and a plastic patio end table, an old desk, an $8 Goodwill TV stand and a borrowed TV.

It's so ghetto:

lorim2

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 11:37:32 am »
Hey that doesnt look so bad ;)  Just keep in mind that it could always be worse!! 

A month from now you wont even remember this!
Well you probably will but at least things will be better!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 11:53:58 am »
I'm crossing my fingers for you!  We were watching the weather on TV last night and I told my hubby that I was wondering how you guys were getting along.  I'll be hoping that Ike takes a hike somewhere else!

Modified to add, I hope that it doesn't hike toward Houston.  Take care too, Kat!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 11:54:45 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 04:13:29 pm »
That's not a bad looking apartment.  My first apartment, I started with a Whataburger table (that I still have) as my kitchen table.  It could be worse you could have milk crates, cinder blocks, and plywood for furniture. 

I just saw the projected paths for Ike.  I really hope that he doesn't make it down here.  I really just hope that he blows himself out but we all know that's not going to happen. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 06:21:43 am »
Well, the path of Ike has changed dramatically. Now, it's coming to Texas.

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

The news is saying that San Antonio should expect a lot of rain and wind effects from Ike.

I think I'm a hurricane magnet....