Author Topic: Question for cats owners  (Read 3041 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Question for cats owners
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:47:55 am »
I haven't had a cat in 10 years and too lazy to research cat treats for my friend since MANY of you have cats and know about the good stuff  ;D

Are there are good dental kind of treats for cats out there? Chews, etc? My friend's vet said that there is nothing  :-\
Thanks
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Alison22

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Question for cats owners
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:13:52 pm »
Hi All,

I just found you guys and am so glad. I'm definitely going to look for those new 'fish sticks". If your cats approve, that'll probably be good enough for mine. I'll let you know what happens.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:38:30 pm »
I've never seen dental chews for cats but mine would chew on the rope bones for the dogs.  It kept their teeth nice and shiny but not really what you want them to chew on.  All I can say is you need to be careful with that because in a string out a string, if you know what I mean.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

List

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 07:30:35 pm »
The best thing I found for my cats teeth were raw chicken necks. They love them and you see results right away. My 2 year old male DSH, had big calcifications on his back teeth. My vet said that he'd need a dental. I looked at alternatives and this seemed to be not only the easiest but most economical. After eating just one neck, the calcifications were gone. At less than a $1 per pound all three of my cats get one at least once a week.

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:10:21 am »
they have greenies for cats...those have worked well for mine and they love the flavors!
Kaitlen

Cooper ~ 1 year old Bernese Mountain Dog
Coda (aka ruler of the household) ~ 5 year old, chubby grumpy, male cat
Ava (sister to the ruler) ~ 5 year old petite angel, female cat

Offline Alison22

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:10:03 am »
I also heard that there's really nothing especially good regarding dental stuff for the cats.