Author Topic: Aloha from Honolulu  (Read 9175 times)

Offline Jenn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Aloha from Honolulu
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:59:56 pm »
Aloha from Hawai. I excited to have found Big Paws! The trend here in the islands is to little dgos. I am so happy to have found a place where I can get information, chat with other big dog lovers and check out all the great photos!!! Mahalo. Jenn

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Aloha from Honolulu
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 08:09:31 pm »
I LOVE Hawk!! He is such a beautiful dog I want one. I've been looking at them for a while and I know it sounds bad but when one mine "goes' I getting one of them.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:12:18 pm »
Welcome Jenn. It is great to have someone from Hawaii here. Your boy is very handsome. I look forward to seeing more of him from you.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:14:52 pm »
Welcome!  Hawk's photos are great!  Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Jessica and Sasha :)

Offline Jenn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 08:15:46 pm »
Well...I know that because you are in the states you can get one from a breeder there. We don't have rabies here in Hawaii so our Dogs must come from another rabies free place if you don't want them to sit in quarantine. I did 2 years of reasearch before I chose a breeder. The one I chose is Aminatan's Dogue in Australia. Therie website is www.antara.co. au. My other dog's breeder (a Bullmastiff), who is here on the island, saw Hawk and thought he was the nicest Dogue de Bordeaux he has ever seen. Please be careful who you get your Dogue from as we have seen one other puppy here in Honolulu who looks like a mixed dog. You cannot tell she is a Dogue. It is sad because her parent paid much more than we did. Hope this helps!!! YOu can send me an email if you ever have any questions about the breed.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 08:22:30 pm »
Welcome to BPO! You will like it here. Everyone is very nice, they will always share a laugh, smile, or tear with you over your stories and you can always find advice or hints when you need it. We just need one thing from you in return: more pics of your pups :) They are so handsome!
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 08:46:25 pm »
Welcome. Beautiful dogs :o

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 08:59:17 pm »
Aloha  - You will love it here!!  Everyone is so nice.  Your babies are so cute!!!
Timmie

p.s. went to Maui for the 1st time last year and loved it...so beautiful!!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 09:55:23 pm »
Welcome and all I have to say is a big awwwwwwwww, I have been sold on dogues since I saw my first one several years ago, then I fell in love when I saw the movie Turner and Houch. Now I am officially in love. Jaimie and Michael. We NEED a dogue board, I dont think we have one, then we need a red carpet and balloons and then we need to go to the island and kidnap Hawk because HE IS MINE  ;D

wow, he is one handsome boy, I am in so much awe here so my dogs probably wont even speak to me tomorrow hehe

I am sure youll love it here, and please........ . post bunches of pics of Hawk. And tell us all you know about disposition, health issues and everything else about the breed. I believe he is our first dogue on the board. I might be wrong, and if I am, someone will tell me hehe

Bring on the pics

marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 09:55:27 pm »
Jenn,
If only you had been here a bit earlier you could have entered the contest for this month and won. Your paw prints are super cute with the beach and lays on. I love it!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Blair

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 11:52:44 pm »
Welcome to BPO, this is a great group of people. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your handsome boys :)

Offline Jenn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 12:12:40 pm »
Gee whiz..I never thought everyone would like my little guys so much. Much Mahalo for all the love and support. MOste people we meet here like to look at them but essentially are afraid even though my boys are the sweetest of the sweet. The question I always get asked is "Will they bite me?". At times it makes me a little sad. This is the big reason Talon is in the animal assisted tharapy program and Hawk will be too. I want everyone to know that BIG DOGS are the best. Aloha & Mahalo

P.S.- I will get more pictures gathered and post them. But first can someone PLEASE tell me how to insert the photos into these posts?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 12:14:49 pm »
he looks like a big lover!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 12:20:21 pm »
Don't you hate that when you take your dogs out in public and people ask, "will they bite me?". I want to slap them all and say, "would I take a dog who bites around people? What kind of idiot do you think I am?" Then, I remember that THEY are the idiots and I bite them instead! Just kidding.

This is why I spend all my free time surrounded by you guys who actually understand me.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 12:33:54 pm »
I don't even get the question.  Last night I was walking Lady and a small dog ran out into his yard.  Lady let him have it for scaring her...and a people hurried out to fetch their small snack...I mean dog. 
I'm holding Lady (since I am trying to teach her restraint and how to sit till I say ok)...and she's being a good girl. 
A lot of the times people just cross the street while their heads turn in circles on their shoulders and small beads of sweat tear out their pores. 
"Does she bite?"   Me: "I don't know ... wanna find out?" or "I've never let her loose on anyone...let's try it now.  thanks for volunteering"