Author Topic: Aloha from Honolulu  (Read 9076 times)

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Aloha from Honolulu
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 12:51:20 pm »
Wow Beautiful dogs Jenn!  I get the "will they bite me?" thing a lot and I get a few kids in the neighborhood who actually bark at the dogs as we go by (whats up with that!)  so, no suprise, my guys bark BACK!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 12:54:13 pm »
To bark at a dog who's in his own yard is to ask to be bitten. 

Offline Khiori

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • SoloDancer
    • View Profile
    • Solitude
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 02:41:49 pm »
Aloha!  Welcome to the board!  I'm a displaced Hawaiian - can I come visit? lol

I never get the "does he bite".  :(  Now I feel all left out and stuff lol.  I actually have the opposite situation and have told children to always ask first because not all dogs are safe with them.  So maybe you guys should blame me for the "does he bite?" q's ha ha  (I actually tell them "ask if it's ok to pet their dog first". Kids, they never listen ;) )

Offline pawfections

• Gnawer
  • Little Latte
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 03:26:26 pm »
Aloha from the Windward Side! ~ Hawaii as well...

Love your pics, hope you’ll post more.  Your dogs are great! I thought about getting a dogue de bordeaux before Latte came around, great breed.

Jenn you are right the trend here really is that… little pooch... Oh well they don’t know what they're missing!

In our case people just tend to walk away quickly. Most of the time I think it’s because people here just don’t know their breeds. If someone does acknowledge Latte’ they are really curious about her breed. When I tell them she’s a Neo they have no idea what I’m talking about. They just assume she is a large dangerous dog because of her size.
Consider yourself lucky to at least be acknowledged when people ask if they bite (even though it gets real irritating). It’s the BIG misconception since they wonder why we don’t have a purse pup… like everyone else here in Hawaii!

Offline Jenn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 04:44:57 pm »
Hello! Hawk's mommy here. It's hard to take pics of Hawk when he is sitting still. He loathes the camera and will just walk away. I'll get some fun action shots of him swimming at the beach this weekend. Untill then here are some shots of him when he was born until 7 weeks of age. I hope you enjoy!!!