Author Topic: Bad puppy breath!!  (Read 2378 times)

Offline MarleyPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Marley - Pyr & Jasmin - BMD
    • View Profile
Bad puppy breath!!
« on: October 16, 2008, 12:33:31 pm »
My Berner is just over 6 months old and her breath is horrendous at times!! My Pyr has never had funky breath but my pup is pretty bad. No teeth problems that I am aware of and she eats good food. Any suggestions/ideas?

Carolyn
1 Great Pyr 2yrs
1 Berner pup

Casselman,Ontario
Canada

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Bad puppy breath!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:15:11 pm »
Bad breath means that food doesn't agree with puppy...too acid or need probiotics and anzymes.
Have you tried adding raw meat to her diet?
I am not trying to push raw to any dog owner but I have a dog who used to be on raw and have the best breath. She stopped eating it and got the worst breath ever. I started adding pig tails and turkey tails every now and then and her breath got better...much better!
From my understanding, when the dog has a bad breath that means the stomach acidity is very high and eating kibble doesn't help  :-\
I am not an expert in any ways but have been trying all kinds of things with my picky BITCH!  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Bad puppy breath!!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:30:27 pm »
I agree with adding the raw to the food, my male Shiba Tonka has always had horrible breath, not matter what I have done, but adding chicken necks and backs to his food, and raw bones in the yard to chew on helps immensely.